Anything that can be put down on paper can be made into a stencil pattern. This works for letters, pictures, and it works particularly well for numerals. Design and manufacturing industries that find themselves having to manually paint numbers onto things like cargo crates, building address plates, and vehicles will need printable stencils that allow them to replicate a neat print over and over, a hundred times over.
Instead of drawing and cutting out your own stencils, check out these professional-grade stencil patterns for numbers. This collection features different styles for most practical and artistic purposes. Use them as references and outlines. Some of them are available to buy as actual stencils, so take your pick.
Clip-art Number Stencils
Number Stencil Set
Printable Number Stencils
Vintage Number Stencils
Decor Art Number Stencils
How Do I Use These Number Stencils?
Stencils are versatile resources. If you know how to make a stencil, you will know how to use these samples.
Often all that’s needed is an outline of every character, symbol, or glyph. These will be printed on a “plate,” which you can then print out and paste on durable physical material. This can be wood, thick paper or cardboard, metal, or plastic. The shapes of the symbols are then cut out, leaving the negative space around each one. All that’s left is to paint in the pattern.
It is that simple. Where we can help you is in the outline.
From this list, you can download many of them as free stock photo number plates that can then be converted to stencils. Some of them will have to be purchased before you can download them, and a few of them will even be available to purchase as ready-made stencils.
Other stencils you might be interested in:
- To go hand in hand with these number stencils, you might want to look for some alphabet stencils for fuller utility.
- If you’re in the creative camp, you will like these printable stencils.
- If you’re specifically into street art, check out some graffiti stencils for tools and stencil art examples for inspiration.
Stencil Letters and Numbers
Block Number Stencils
Bubble Number Stencils
Graffiti Number Stencils
Typography Number Stencils
When to Use Stencils
The use of stencils tend to be relegated to the technical side of manufacturing and designing. This is for the obvious reason of efficiency and the need for conformity to an industry standard.
- Engineers and architects use a specialized kind of stencil plate in their drafts and schematics.
- Commercial manufacturers who have to paint on multiple logos and patterns on automobiles and sea vessels by hand will often use stencils.
- Industrial painters will also use stencils to paint labels on supplies and equipment.
- Stencils are also used in municipalities and property management to mark roadways and parking lots.
In these cases, functionality and efficiency is more important than design, and the stencils will more or less have to be professionally manufactured and purchased.
But stencils are common in the field of creative art as well, where artists are making their own stencils at home with paper and plywood.
- This is most visible in the world of street art, where stencils have achieved a renewed purpose. With the proliferation of paint art stencils, using stencils as opposed to drawing freehand and from scratch is no longer regarded as “cheating.” It is instead an exciting innovation to the art form.
If you are a creative type who frequents Template.net for its affordable resources, these number stencils should offer as much value to you as to any industrial worker.