- For Windows: Open Microsoft Word and head to its main search box. Write “booklet” and click the first template you can find. Then, change its title into “cookbook” and edit the whole content to transform it into an official cookbook.
- For Mac: Open MS Word and observe the same process. But for saving and printing your work, just select File, then Save. Next, choose Print in the file section once again.
Before master chefs become well-established in the cooking industry, they always start with the basics—following food recipes. As cook rookies slowly build their repertoire, they learn a bunch of recipes and techniques over time. And the best way to remember all their gourmet-worthy dishes and share them with the world is to have their own recipe ebook, DIY recipe template, or simply a cookbook. Thankfully, word processor Microsoft Word has got you covered on how to make your own cookbook template and complete a printable recipe binder in the long run.
How to Create Cookbooks in MS Word Using Windows
Are you using Windows to access Microsoft Word? Then expect to build a DIY cookbook design through your Word document as you follow these simple steps:
1. Open Microsoft Word. Ensure that you actually installed any version of Word to your personal computer or you might not be able to access it. Then, head to Word’s search box and type “booklet.” Indeed, Word might not have a default cookbook template (but you can download it). However, the booklet or book template available will be transformed into a cookbook later.
2. As you are directed to a list of booklet templates from the search results, just double-click the template that first appears as the booklet. That way, you get to see how a recipe book, cookbook, or recipe booklet layout looks like. And here is one concrete example of a decent cookbook layout:
3. From that booklet template, you can start editing its features to transform it into a cookbook. A good start is to head to the booklet’s title bracket and change its title to “Cookbook.” You can change the rest of the texts in the template as well. To do that, click Home at the top menu. And work on the customizable options such as font style, font size, font color, etc.
4. Next, change the default image from that template. Simply right-click at the template’s default cover image and tap Change Picture. Then, click Insert Pictures. It is good if you already prepared some images for your cookbook since you only need to tap From a file until you can browse through the whole images you have prepared.
5. Continue editing and repeat the same steps every time you add a new recipe. And once you have a bunch of recipes or inserted every dish you need to add for the cookbook, then you are through. You may share and print it after.
How to Make Cookbooks in Microsoft Word Using Mac
In case you use Mac to access MS Word and create a cookbook, similar steps apply. Follow these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Word and make a new document (or open an old document you want to use).
2. Follow the same steps discussed earlier. As you already know, you need to go to Word’s search box to find a booklet template that now becomes your cookbook document. And for your chosen template, change the title, texts, pictures, etc. Personalize it as much as you can.
3. And if you are confident with your work, ensure to save your cookbook to the Cloud. That way, you won’t have to lose your files or forget the steps and ingredients for cooking. Some people even produce cookbooks digitally by clicking Save as type at the top menu and selecting PDF afterward. You can save both copies for Word and PDF too.
4. Do you wish to print your work? It is simple. Click File, then Print. Now, you have a cookbook in your hands!
Note: Do you wish to access more cookbook templates, like a professional recipe card template rather than making your own cookbook template that takes too long? Template.net promises you a variety of editable cookbooks in Word. Just pick a template, edit its content, and produce it after. Super easy!