Going through college life might be one of the only moments in our lives when we get to experience what it feels like to feel heaven and hell as the years go by before you graduate. College can feel like heaven for this is where you can experience success after a failure, gaining new friends, learning more, doing things that you like for the betterment of the community like community extension services, and if you get lucky, find the one you will get to marry someday. You may also see recipe journal templates.
But with life’s ups, there are also its downs. This can feel like hell because of the torture and pressure you would feel from failed expectations, failure in major exams, betrayal of friends, embarrassing moments, facing depression alone and often faced by everyone in the academy that are students, publishing an academic journal. You may also see vintage journal templates.
Academic Journal Format
Sample Academic Journal Template
In this article, we will be defining what an academic journal is and together with that, provide you the parts of an academic journal. You can use this article to your advantage if you are already approaching your final year in your college life and want to know first the purpose of an academic journal and all its parts before everybody else. By the end of this article, we will be enumerating to you a few tips for you to be motivated to finish your thesis or academic journal. You may also see excel journal templates.
A sample of an Academic Journal
Thesis to Academic Journals
Before we can understand what an academic journal is, let us first understand what is a thesis. A thesis is an academic document and at the same time a requirement for the students to accomplish and pass in order to graduate their selected degree or course. It is where the author/s present their findings of a particular research topic in their field of study. You may also see word journal templates.
If you get to accomplish and pass your thesis, congratulations because you will be a candidate for graduation. But let us say for example that your thesis was extremely significant in terms of the findings and the results and can contribute to the community, it can be published by research firms. When a thesis gets published via online, it is already an academic journal. An academic journal is defined as a scholarly article that can serve as a literature review or a review article where other researchers can site if their study needs a source or is similar to yours. It is more like a summary of your thesis paper or dissertation. You may also see journal paper templates.
Having your thesis published online can boost your confidence in your research skills not only because you were able to make a big contribution to the society, but because all your hard work and perseverance paid off in the end and your name will be cited by other researchers that might need your data or findings to make their research stronger and credible. But accomplishing this is not as easy as it sounds. You may also see journal website themes.
There has to be the dedication and aside from that, your thesis has to be impactful not only to you but the community. Publishing companies have high standards when it comes to choosing which thesis to publish and make it into an academic journal. Often, students try to apply their accomplished thesis if it has enough significance and passes all qualifications to the community in order for it to get published. You may also see photography journal templates.
Writing the Abstract
Parts of an Academic Journal
If you have fully understood the difference between a thesis and an academic journal, it is now time to find out the parts of an academic journal. You do have to take note that the parts of an academic journal are of similar as to a thesis but only having a few parts. Also, remember that those parts which are both presents in a thesis and in an academic journal have the same definition or meaning. You may also see inspirational journal templates.
Here are the parts of an academic journal:
- Title – This is where you write the full title of your thesis or the present academic journal. With this, you have to also put your name and your group members name (if you had any) and also the people or professors who helped and guided while you were still writing your thesis. You may also see dance journal templates.
- Abstract – In this part of the academic article, you will basically write the summary of your finished thesis in 150 to 200 words depending on the qualifications of the publishing company you are applying your research to be published. This is also where the readers would decide if the whole article or journal is worth reading or not because you will be stating the purpose of your research. You may also see coffee journal templates.
- Introduction and literature review – You will be giving a brief introduction to your research or simply making an outline of the research issues that are present. After which, you have to state the purpose and goal of your research study. Right after that, you will cite some researchers that are similar to yours and how their data and literature helped you in the content of your research. Finally, you have to emphasize the importance of your research to the community and to the world or some parts of it.
- Methodology – This is where you will write how you collected the data and who were the participants. It can also be wise to include the setting of your experiment and what were the specific procedures to help get the results of the study. You can also include the theoretical background used and how it was accounted for in the collection of the data. You may also see writer journal templates.
- Results, discussions, and conclusion of the research – This where you give your analysis of the data and right after, the interpretation of it. When you interpret your data, make sure you discuss thoroughly why it went like this and why it went like that. Right after you should state the limitations of your research. After which, you will write the conclusion or the implication of the results of your research and how ti can affect the community. You may also see education journal templates.
Finally, you can suggest what future researchers can tackle or expand on the contents of your research. You might choose to continue the research with a different group of participants forget some aspects of the research which you feel has potential to contribute greatly to the community and can lead to a new discovery. You may also see magazine journal blog templates.
Those are the general parts of an academic article. There is really no need to worry about what to write in the journal because you are just basically summarizing the content that is already present in your finished research. You may also see personal journal templates.
Referencing in Journals
International Academic Journal Sample
How to keep the motivation in pursuing to finish your research
No matter how we stay optimistic, writing your research can be so draining at times that you can have moments when you just want to give up. Even if you are passionate about it, doubt will always be present and you tend to reflect if you can still survive and get past this kind of challenge in your college life. The fear of not being able to graduate can consume and can affect you greatly in your approach towards continuing your research. To help you get that challenge you will eventually face, we will be giving you tips on how to keep your motivation to finish your research and hopefully graduate with flying colors. You may also see music journal templates.
Here are the following tips:
- Frequently go to your adviser. Sometimes, your adviser can not only be the best person to guide you in your thesis writing but can also be a good friend who can listen to your frustrations and pains about your research. If you have a good adviser, then listening to what he or she has to say can be a big boost because, in a way, he is not judging you. You may also see gratitude journal templates.
- Give yourself a breather. In other words, take a break and spend time doing other things that can lift you up like hiking or traveling and etc. Give time for your personal life and be with friends who understand you and will not discount your feelings of disappointment. These are the instances where you can learn how to breathe and calm down and think that tomorrow is just another day. You may also see accounting journal templates.
- Forgive yourself. You will fail and that will be your responsibility. But that does not mean that you cannot write and undo the wrongs you have made. Forgive yourself for every shortcoming and try your best again. Rise to the occasion. You may also see learning journal templates.
- Create a progress chart. As you will look at your chart and see your progress, you might be awed on not how long you have to go to finish the research, but how far you have come and made it to this point. The situation you are in now might be that hard and frustrating, but look at from time to time what you had to go through to reach that moment. It is good to always remember that you are already making progress. You may also see travel journal templates.
If you will be consistent in remembering your motivations, then you will more likely be able to finish and accomplish your research. Just always remember that this is one of the hardest moments in life you have to go through before you become an adult. Nothing that is worth it is easy to get by. Put your heart into it and have a research that you really are interested in. Finally, do it not only for the sake of graduation but for what it can contribute to the research community and the community as a whole. You may also see food journal templates.