Companies, clubs, organizations, a group of friends, or even families conduct meetings once in a while. It is when they talk about their current status, their plans for the future, or some issues that need to be addressed. Some do it more frequently than others, depending on the importance or urgency.
Regular meetings are essential for a company. It gives their employees a chance to gather and exchange information with colleagues as well as their respective superiors. For a meeting to be organized and productive, the presider should always make use of a meeting agenda to guide them on the topics that need to be taken up. Here on our website, we have a collection of Meeting Agenda Template for you to choose from.
79+ Meeting Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
School Department Meeting Agenda Template
Teacher Department Meeting Agenda Template
Department Head Meeting Agenda Template
Weekly Department Meeting Agenda Template
Fire Department Meeting Agenda Template
The Importance of Meeting Agenda
The word agenda literally means “things to be done” in Latin. In meetings, an agenda is a list of topics that need to be taken up, beginning with the meeting called to order and ending with the meeting adjournment. Why is it important to have an agenda in meetings?
- Meetings without an agenda have a chance of leading to no direction and are less likely to be productive.
- Preparing an agenda ahead of time will give the participants a chance to prepare for the meeting and, at the same time, also give them an opportunity to contribute to the agenda by suggesting additional topics to be discussed.
- Meeting agendas can provide the participants with a written reminder of what the meeting will be about as well as the things that need to be accomplished.
- With meeting agendas, the participants have no excuse of not having an idea of the things that will be brought up during the meeting.
- Meeting agendas can assist in ensuring the meeting will move at a constant pace that will enable the presiders that all topics will be covered.
- Agendas can give the participants a sense of determination and accomplishment after leaving the meeting.
- Minutes of the meeting are also written on the agenda to evaluate the result of each topic and to bring up new topics that would need to be included on the agenda for the next meeting.
- Agendas can encourage the participants to give feedback to the meeting planner regarding the direction of the meeting and make necessary improvements for future meetings.
How Should You Write a Meeting Agenda?
As with everything, writing a meeting agenda is a learning process. However, here are some great tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t write you agenda at the last minute. The earlier, the better.
- Define the meeting objective by providing a short but clear summary of what will be discussed.
- Prioritize topics by discussing first the most important issues that are very likely to consume a lot of time.
- Indicate in the agenda a list of people and their respective responsibilities in the meeting.
- Be guided by making use of agenda templates.
For more specific templates, see Sales Meeting Agenda Template and Staff Meeting Agenda Template.
Monthly Department Meeting Agenda Template
Monthly Department Meeting Agenda Template
Finance Department Meeting Agenda Template
Accounting Department Meeting Agenda Template
Marketing Committee Meeting Agenda Template
Training Department Meeting Agenda Template
Our templates can guide you in writing your own meeting agenda, saving you the hassle in making one from scratch. These templates can be accessed and downloaded easily for free. You can choose to download your chosen template either in Doc, Docx, or in high-resolution PDF format. These templates are also fully customizable to provide you with the freedom in making the necessary changes.
You may also want to check out our collection of Committee Meeting Agenda Template for more to choose from. But if you couldn’t find what you were looking for on this page, then scroll down to the bottom and check out the links to other related contents found on our website.