If you needed extra tools to help you with your work, you might want to think about using charts such as Gantt charts. These charts should be able to help you keep all the information you have to work with organized. There are also other kinds of charts available to you.
722+ FREE CHART Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
These can include family tree charts, which are organizational charts aimed at grouping together a given person’s entire family. This can be useful in many different ways, aside from purposes such as school projects. After all, having such a comprehensive chart can provide useful information for fields such as medicine sociology, etc.
Basic Family Tree Chart
Free Family Tree Chart
Circle Chart Template
Editable Family Tree Chart
Components of a Family Tree
There are some elements you can expect to find in blank family tree chart templates, such that these are integral to how the template does its job.
- Names, which are necessary in order to establish individual members of the family and who is whom in the family tree.
- Descent, as this determines how individual members of the family can claim direct descent from those who came before.
- Lateral relationships, as there is more to a family tree template than descent. After all it would also be necessary to establish other relationships within the family.
How to Make a Family Tree Chart
There is some variation in how pedigree chart templates can be used, but in general, one can make a family tree by:
- Generally start at the bottom, as Excel organizational chart templates usually start with one particular person.
- Then move up to include both that person’s parents.
- Moving up further includes both sets of grandparents.
- Continuing further leads to ever increasing sets of ancestors.
- You can also choose to explore other branches, as different generations could also have had other children. This allows you to include uncles, aunts, cousins, etc.
Sample Family Relationship Chart
Sample Family Tree Chart
Family Tree Fan Chart
Generation Family Tree
Example of Family Tree Chart
How Family Trees Can be Used by Field
While some people might associate family trees with school projects and their like, there are practical uses of family trees in professional settings. There are even different chart templates to make the job of making specific family trees an easier one. In any case, some possible fields that can family tree diagrams include:
- Medicine, as it would be more convenient to analyze any genetic health risks via a study of a given family tree. After all, if certain conditions and diseases occurred in earlier generations, future generations are also at risk, which a family tree may be able to provide warning for.
- Sociology, as a family tree can provide some clues in terms of interactions and relationships within the family. After all, a family tree diagram template can provide a look at any issues that may need to be addressed.
- History, as these would be invaluable tools for anyone performing research into the history of a given family. After all, a family tree is one tool among many for gathering data on past generations, how they left their mark, etc.
With this, you should have a better idea of how to use such templates, which could be a great help to you if you ever have to make such charts in the future.