The term quotation is usually used interchangeably with estimate. This is a common misconception. Quotes and estimates refer to different documents and there are are several quotation uses depending on the the type of transaction. A quotation uses some elements of a contract to convince and market their services to clients. However, they are non-binding documents. On the on hand, an estimate is used by contractors to calculate the expected costs for the accomplishment of a construction project.
To create a quotation template that is comprehensive and appealing to clients, contractor quotation templates can definitely help project contractors build their quotations. The templates showcase the different variants of a contractor’s quotation and techniques in writing them.
Civil Contractor Quotation
Electrical Contractor Invitation
What Are the Components of a Contractor’s Quotation?
The elements of a contractor’s quotation format vary considerably depending on the issuing company. Nonetheless, there are basic components of a contractor’s quotation such as the following:
- Location of Work – For construction projects, the proposed site location must be emphasized in the quotation. It must clearly designated and specified.
- Scope of Work – As shown in price quote templates, the offered work details must be provided such as the nature of the labor required, type of equipment, and other needed materials.
- Summary of Costs – the breakdown of the expenses for the construction project must be clearly provided. To add, other necessary fees and charges must be expressly stated such as in the case of taxes. Similar to price quote template , the list of expenses is important in any type of quotation.
- Terms and Conditions of the Construction Project – If the issuing company imposes certain conditions, it must be expressly stated in the contractor’s quotation such as rules and procedures that will be followed if their irregularities in the making of the quotation.
These elements are applicable to other projects not just construction per se. They can also be used in dealing with interior design contractor quotations, maintenance contractor quotation templates, and the like.
Request for Painting Contractor
Interior Design Contractor
Key Points to Consider
A well-written and substantive quotation can open an array of opportunities for the issuing company. It can attract more clients. Quote templates showcase not just the basics of writing quotations but also techniques in enhancing its design aspects. For more techniques, you can refer to the following:
- Include all relevant items. The quote must contain all the relevant items that concern the project. Preparing beforehand the needed documents to complete the quotation can help you save time and resources. Bear in mind that you need to get the approval of clients in order to close the deal.
- Use a reliable quote-generating tool or software. Nowadays, there are a variety of quote generating tools and software that issuing companies or individuals can use. By automating your quote production, you can be efficient and at the same time improve the quality of the quotes as to its structure. Examples of this program-generated quotes are the quote format in DOC and those quotes that are created and managed via MS Excel.
Therefore, quote templates are great avenues for you to start building your quotations and enriching them with both substance and design.