10+ Itinerary Templates in Word
Should you decide to travel, especially if it’s for a business trip, it is very important that you are able to come up with a proper plan. The plan has to cover everything from what flight needs to be taken, the time that people need to arrive, to even the place in which they will be staying.
One of the best tools that can be used to contain the entire plan for a trip would be an itinerary. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with one.
Elements of an Itinerary
When the time comes that you have to make an itinerary, it is very important that you know exactly what should be in it. What this means is that you must know about the basic elements that just about every itinerary comprises of. Without them, then you won’t have a proper plan that will help you get through the trip.
So knowing there, here are the basic elements that you must never forget to include:
1. Names: If you want to make sure you know who exactly is a part of the plan, then you are going to have to include their names. Make sure that you provide the complete names of all those that are a part of the itinerary. This means you must include their first names last names, and middle initials.
2. Destination Details: This would be the places that you, and presumably others, will be traveling to during the trip. Make sure that you provide accurate descriptions for every location that needs to be visited, as well as the time and date in which you will be going to and from them. There are some itineraries that will require you to place additional information such as bus routes and the name of these routes that need to be taken. Make sure that you include any and all of the necessary details needed to ensure that the trip goes exactly as planned.
3. Amount Spent: The amount that is spent by every individual on the trip could directly influence the destinations that they will be heading to. So what you are going to have to do is to provide the exact amount that each person has paid for their trip.
10+ Itinerary Templates in Word
Free Basic Inventory Template
Blank Travel Itinerary Template
Free Sales Inventory Template
Business Travel Itinerary Template
Holiday Itinerary Template
Road Trip Itinerary Template
Sample Itinerary Template
Vacation Itinerary Template
Simple Travel Itinerary Template
Free Travel Itinerary Template
How to Make an Itinerary in Word
Now that you know what should be inside an itinerary, the next thing that you are going to have to do is to learn exactly how you should go about in creating one. The process of making an itinerary isn’t exactly long, but you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. It’s not enough to know what should be in it as you still have to make sure that the information you place is presented in a way that’s easy for everyone to understand.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper itinerary.
1. Use Microsoft Word: If you are planning on creating an itinerary in Word, then that means you will obviously be making use of Microsoft Word to help you out. Although there are other Word programs that you can use, it’s best to stick with Microsoft Word as it’s generally simple to utilize and has all the tools you need.
Once you’ve managed to install and open the program, be sure to do the following:
- Click on “File” and select “New”.
- Choose if you want to start from a blank document or if you would like to make use of a template.
- Should you wish to make use of a template, then choose from the list that is available in Word or you can download templates online.
As you can see, the process of making an itinerary in Word is relatively simple. If you like, you can also use the same process to come up with documents other than itineraries.
2. Put in the Information the Itinerary Needs: Should you wish to start making the document from scratch, then you will need to make sure that you include all of the information that an itinerary should have. First, you need to put in the necessary table that allows you to put columns and rows. There is a section above the Word program specifically titles “rows and columns” and you can use that to make your itinerary table. Once you’ve done that, then all you have to do is the following:
- Put in the names of those that are a part of the itinerary: Remember that you must put in the complete names of those that you put into the document.
- Know the complete schedule: If you want your plan to come out flawlessly, then you are going to have to know exactly what is going to happen during the trip as well as when things are supposed to happen.
- List down the necessary details: Again, it is very important that you know everything that there is to know about the trip you are going in. So make a sure list down everything from the bus routes, hotels that need to be staying in, locations that need to be visited and so on.
Tips for Making an Itinerary
- Go with a proper format: No matter what kind of itinerary you end up making, you are going to have to make sure that those who read it will easily be able to understand its contents. This means that you’ll have to think about what font and font size you are going to use, as well as how you are going to present the information that you want to share. If you are having trouble figuring out what kind of format you should go for, then you simply need to check out the many different samples that you can find online or on our site and use them as references.
- Check to make sure everything is in it: Before you finalize your itinerary and hand it over to the people that need it, you are going to have to check to make sure that it has all the information that it is supposed to contain. You do not want issues such as travelers missing their scheduled flights or them ending up in the wrong area at the wrong time. So to avoid that, simply go through the itinerary thoroughly and make all of the necessary corrections should you be required to.
- Always stay ahead: What this basically means is that you must know everything that needs to happen well ahead of the trip. That way, you can come up with a plan that will ensure everything that needs to be done is actually done and on time. Also, planning ahead will also make sure that you consider all of the possible issues that you and others might run into. This allows you to come up with a plan for those as well.
Types of Itinerary
If you’re going to make an itinerary, then you must know that there are many different types that you are able to create. Each type of itinerary is used for its own specific purpose. Knowing what that those are should give you an idea as to which one you should make. So here are a few examples:
- Business Travel Itinerary
- Executive Travel Itinerary
- Trip Itinerary
- Vacation Itinerary
- Road Trip Itinerary
- Holiday Trip Itinerary
- International Trip Itinerary
- Professional Business Trip Itinerary
If you would like to learn about the other types of itineraries that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
Should I Carry My Itinerary Everywhere?
If you want to make sure that you stay on schedule during your trip, then it’s always best that you carry your itinerary wherever you go. Considering the fact that modern technology allows you to bring it with you wherever, being able to access it no matter where you are or what time may be should be convenient enough for just about anyone. You can check out free inventory templates.
How Do I Make Sure that Everyone Follows the Itinerary?
All you have to do is to provide them with a copy of their own. You can decide to give them either a physical or a digital copy of the itinerary. It’s best that you provide them with digital copies as doing so will allow them to access it whenever they please.
Making an itinerary may not be difficult, in fact it’s even easier than one may seem. However, you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. So to guarantee that you are able to do just that, you simply need to make the most out of what is presented in this article. Be sure to read through it thoroughly so that whatever itinerary you end up making is ensured to help you and others who plan on using it.