A demand notice is often served whenever one party has demanded a certain action or support from another party which is bound and liable to perform the demand. Demand notice writing is mainly focused on what has been asserted by the party being its right or privilege, and therefore he will exhaust all remedies deemed necessary and just for him.
Being one legal form, a demand notice must also contain some basic elements in order to be legal, valid, and enforceable. A notice format must be similar to other legal notices such as service notice, formal notice, and rent demand, which are all taken as sample templates in this article. These templates are one and same when it comes to forms and applicability.
How to Write a Demand Notice to Pay Promissory Note
A demand notice in action to a promissory note is considered necessary to remind the debtor to pay what is due the creditor. Aside from checking other notice templates in Word or private notice template in respect to letter formatting, some essential factors must be taken in account:
- The letter must have the complete details of both the debtor and the creditor including:
- full individual or business entity name,
- physical addresses,
- their respective legal capacities, among others.
- The letter must be specific when it comes to the demand it seeks.
- Further, the letter must emphasize the prescribed time or period as to which the debtor is allowed to meet the demands by the creditor himself.
How to Write a Notice to Demand Rent From a Tenant?
In some cases, property owners are left with no choice but to send a notice to demand rent from their tenants have not paid their dues beyond the grace period. In addition to checking sample notice templates and a rental notice template, the following points can be considered when writing this notice:
- The notice must be for the purpose of reminding the tenants of their payment.
- The notice must inform tenants of the possible additional interest or charges that might be incurred out of his late payment.
- The notice may warn tenants of the possible legal eviction should they continue being unmindful of what is expected from them from the start.
Example of Demand Notice
6 Tips for Writing Outstanding Demand Notice
Unlike a resignation notice template, composing a demand notice or free notice templates covers a wider range of details.
However, for students and eager learners, six tips are provided below as an aid in your writing of a demand notice:
- A demand letter must contain some basic details of two or more parties involved in the transaction.
- It must be clear as to what payment or action is demanded from the debtor. If it is payment, the letter must specify the amount including some additional interests. If it is action, it must be clear as to how the liable party must perform to clear the issue.
- It must be explicit in citing some legal provisions or clauses if ever these would be contained in the letter as well.
- The consequences for nonpayment or nonperformance must likewise be presented in the content.
- A reasonable prescriptive or grace period as to when the liable party can complete the demand must be included as well.
Most especially, the aggrieved party is advised to consult a lawyer or go to a proper forum where he can raise his concerns and ask for advice so he can achieve the demands that he is legally entitled to.