Contractors can only proceed with their job subject to the conditions of the contract the moment when property owners have issued a document often referred to as notice to proceed (NTP). They may be regarded as a two weeks notice as well if owners themselves have released the notice two weeks before their performance time.
Notice to proceed is common among the construction and building industries, and the people who get to receive them on a regular basis are either contractors, engineers, agents, and architects. Hence, a notice template of such form must be available around as well. Contractor notice, execution notice, and project notice are among its samples and herein provided for you to check and download, should you require one.
Construction Notice to Proceed Template
Notice in Doc
What is Notice to Proceed?
Contractors can never start their job unless property or building owners issues a written notice authorizing them to start. This written notice is known as the notice to proceed.
- A notice template provides the specific date as to when contractors may start doing their work as part of their prior agreement with the owner.
- NTPs are mainly used in the construction industry, aside from notice of meeting templates.
- NTP is a legal contract and enforceable and binding.
What is Notice to Proceed in Construction?
Since NTP is mainly used in the construction industry, the format must also conform to what details would be required before a contractor can proceed and start with their performance time.
Dissimilar to HR notice templates and resignation notice templates, NTP usually contains some important details, to wit:
- Date, as in the actual date when the notice is issued or released.
- Project name, which is usually named after the unit or building to be under constructed.
- Dates, which refer to the time when the contractor can start doing their job. The date when the project are expected to be completed are also provided.
- Names of both property owners and contractors must be included as well.
Formal Notice to Proceed
Standard Notice to Proceed
Guidelines for Notice to Proceed
A set of guidelines are likewise made available in order to create an effective notice to proceed, and some are as follows:
- NTPs must be released prior the actual date when contractors are advised to start with their job. A couple of days or weeks must be observed so that contractors will have ample time to prepare with their tools and other documentation relevant to the project.
- NTPs must have followed preceding agreements or contracts the provisions of which have already been approved and agreed by both parties before any NTPs would arise in addition.
- NTPs must be issued with signatures of authorized personnel only otherwise the same will be questioned for validity.
- NTPs must have complete details as well including but not limited to project name, dates, names of contractors or engineers involved, materials or machines allowed in the vicinity within the specific dates, and so on.
Notice to proceed are far different from two weeks notice letter and tenancy notice templates as far as the content or substance is concerned. NTPs are mainly useful for contractors and other construction-related professionals only, while two letters mentioned above may deal with private individuals.