Giving a reasonable rental notice is every landlord’s legal obligation. He or she cannot arbitrarily evict the tenant based on his or personal whim right there and there. There are certain procedures that must be complied with. Take note that the rental agreement governs the relationship of the landlord and tenant and thus sheds light when it comes to termination cases.
In association to this, you may refer to our list of rental notice templates to help you create your own rental notice format to suit your context and preferences. Bear in mind that every person deserves not to be deprived of due processes and thus standard procedures and policies must be observed.
30-Day Rental Notice Template
Common Forms of Rental Notice Templates
When it comes to notice templates, there are variety of samples that you may refer to especially in cases of rental notices. You may gain insights from our set of templates prepared here for you.
- Past Due Rent Notice Template – Upon the maturity of the rent payment with respect to a certain payment frequency, the landlord can send a notice to pay rent to the tenant to serve as a warning and demand for the tenant to make good his or her payment as soon as possible. The template is straightforward. Just ensure to emphasize that payments must be made in pursuant to the signed rental agreement. Similarly, late rent notice templates can be a good reference.
- Notice to Vacate Template – It is inevitable that the landlord may advise the tenant to vacate the premises for a certain reasons as long as there is a valid and just cause for it such as transfer of ownership or management, the owner has to use the property for other reasons, and many more. In this case, the tenant must be given reasonable time to make adjustments and preparations.
- Inspection Notice Templates – Inspections can also be a subject matter of tenancy notices. This allows the tenant to know that the landowner will conduct an inspection and will further layout the inspection details.
Past Due Rent Notice
Notice to Vacate
Notice of Rent Increase
How to Write a Professional Rental Notice?
In writing a rent notice, you should ensure that you get the attention of your tenant. One way of doing this is through writing a professional rental notice. Here are some tips that you may consider in writing your rental notice.
- Write a title that is indicative of the overall purpose of the notice. In this case, you must clearly state the type of rental notice. Is it a rent increase rental notice? A notice to vacate?
- Keep it short and simple. Notices should not be verbose. Limit your notice to a single page. After stating the purpose of the notice, direct your tenant’s attention to the other relevant terms of the notice.
- Use a formal language. Notices are formal documents. They are even legal in nature because they are mostly required under the laws of a certain state. For instance, landlords must comply with the 30 day notice period as what is embodied in a 30-Day Notice Templates.
Going back to the rationale of a notice in general, it sets out rules, regulations, and important announcements which concern certain individual or groups of individuals. Indeed, there are a variety of free notice templates that you may use. However, you must accompany them with the right writing style.