From time to time, you might have had to give a written warning to someone under you, perhaps an employee or a tenant. Of course, the job of making those warnings might be easier if you had written warning templates to give you a pattern for how to make them in the future. You may also see notice sample
Making warning notices can be much like making a letter. You can have tools, like employee warning templates, to help you, but you would still have to make individual notices yourself. Thankfully, there are indeed templates to help you come up with specific warning notices whenever you need them.
Warning Notice Template
Employee Warning Notice Template
Warning Notice to Tenant
How to Write Employee Warning Notices
When you do write your warning notices, there are some patterns to doing so, even if you use different notice letter templates. Some basic steps to using tools, like a termination notice template, are as follows:
- Explain the nature of the offense committed by the person in question.
- If applicable, also list any previous occurrences of the person’s offenses, and when they occurred so as to establish a pattern.
- You should also include space for the employee’s comments on the offense and disciplinary action.
- Also include the nature of your disciplinary actions and a deadline for the employee to accomplish it.
What Can You Find in Employee Warning Notices?
- The employee’s name definitely belongs in such a notice, so as to specify who owns the offenses.
- Any previous pattern of offenses should be mentioned so as to establish whether anything has been done to provide discipline and guidance.
- You should also see space for the employee’s comments in your notices as this gives your employees space to say their piece. This can be a chance for employees to explain themselves or protest what seems to be an unfair punishment.
Notice of Verbal Warning
Employee Warning Notice
Guidelines for Warning Notices
That said, there are still some guidelines that you may wish to keep in mind. After all, tools like a notice to vacate or a notice template can be made much more effective if you keep in mind certain guidelines that can help you manage how you use them, such as:
- You should be specific concerning every aspect of the notice. That means specifying the nature of the offense. This makes sure that your sanctions match the nature and circumstances of the offense. This also makes for clear record-keeping, in case of any disputes.
- You should also take care to hear both sides out in cases like these. This is not to say that offenses can be easily forgiven. However, if you really want to solve the problem, you should be willing to hear explanations.
- In relation to that, it is important to be even-handed, so that you can treat every offense according to its own nature. This also takes employees into account, as you can involve them in the process of helping themselves.
On a less grave note, you should know that there are a number of other, different templates available on this website, to meet any other needs you may have.