When it comes to a precise and succinct order record that is being received by an individual or an organization from a certain customer, a work order is the best tool to use. It can either be for products or services. It is also used as an alternative for an invoice or statement and is shown for requests about payment. A work order is converted from a sales order when it comes to a manufacturing environment.
Work orders won’t be complete if there’s no one who will make them. And of course, for a much better and more convenient way of crafting a work order, we highly recommend our downloadable work order templates. These are ready-made and pre-formatted templates that you can just use anytime you want. You can also edit them easily! For image samples, check them out below.
Job Work Order Formats
Free Work Order Format Template
Job Work Order Form
Work Order for Maintenance Job
Construction Work Order
Construction Phase Sample Work Order
Design and Construction Engineering
Construction Company Work Order
Steps in Making a Work Order
- First thing is, breaking down of a work order into four main sections, which are
- the contact information,
- the assignment,
- the issue, and
- the detail regarding a specific task or project.
- At the top portion of your work order is where you will write the following:
- The company name
- The complete address
- Essential contact information
- Once you have written the company contact details, include beside it the following:
- Work order number
- Job number
- And the inclusive date
- Don’t forget to add the complete name and the address of the person who will be providing the service in the assignment section. You can just type in the complete location you want to be visited in completing a certain task.
- Also, part of the process is to describe the details of the issue in which the service professional has been hired to resolve it.
- Don’t forget to make a short list of the issue details. Include the date when the person in charge must help when it comes to completing the work given.
Security Work Order
Printable Security Work Order
Security Service Work Order Request
Contractor Work Order
Work Order for Civil Contractor
Contractor Maintenance Work Order
Types of Downloadable Work Order Templates
If you find it a hassle in making your own work order—not to mention the busy schedule that you have—we’ve prepared downloadable work order templates that you can make use of. Apart from these are ready-made and pre-formatted; these are easy to edit too! So time to cut your usual way of creating a work order, these templates are what you need for more convenience. These are some of the samples that you can see on this page.
- Job Work Order Format – This is the right template to use if your work order focuses more on manufacturing, building, and business fabrication. This template contains details that are essential such as the requester, job description, signature of the head, and the date.
- Construction Work Order Format – Looking for a work order template that is designated for construction use? This template is right where you want it. It contains information like the title of the work order, the general overview, and other important details needed.
- Security Work Order Format – A template that is intended for security purposes in establishments. This contains details such as the requester, the organization’s name, the date, and other important items. If you are making a work order like this, you might want to download this template for convenience.
- Contractor Work Order Format – This is a type of work order that is defined as an official work ticket that shows the processing of the given task either for products or services. This template has essential data such as reference number, the project name, the contractor’s name and location, site address, and important signatures.
If you’re making an event order, we also have event order templates that you can use.
Maintenance Work Order
Sample Maintenance Work Order
School Maintenance Work Order
Free Maintenance Work Order
Types of General Work Orders
- Preventive Maintenance – A type of work order that is also referred as a scheduled routine maintenance task. This is performed on respective assets or organizations of assets. It keeps materials or tools in their existing condition and prevents devaluation. A preventive maintenance work order is carried out on all items. In this, a repair order template can also be used.
- Emergency – This is formulated when there are unscheduled breakdowns and assets need to be fixed immediately. This type of work order is mainly utilized in recording and tracking reactive work performance that is not planned in the first place.
- Inspection – This is a work order that requires a maintenance technician to audit a certain asset that is based on a fixed steps of elements. During an inspection, a technician may determine the certain issue and then will make a new work order in order to fix the said issue.
Service Work Order
Computer Service Work Order
Professional Service Contract Work Order
Vehicle Work Order
Free Vehicle Work Order
Vehicle Repair Work Order
Work Order for Vehicle Service
Importance of a Work Order
Work orders are important in a sense that it allows a customer or an organization to create a request from a company for the specific tasks to be completed and for certain products to be delivered as well. A work order generally contains billing and contact information for the requester. There is also an area that describes the nature of the tasks and if there are any extra tasks or parts.
The work order form allows the receiving party to record and track the tasks by means of a work order number. From there, they will then monitor the status until it is completed. Apart from this, a work order also authorizes the company in scheduling their employees and resources accordingly for any open tasks, and afterward, reviewing the job costs.
On the customer’s point of view, a work order provides responsibility and allows for clear and inclusive requests toward an organization. Having a work order, the customer can have a confirmation regarding an upfront estimate of costs, status updates about the tasks receive, and can create a fixed interval changes to the task or project. To supplement your work order form-making, you can set our work order templates or even our service order templates for reference.