A research report can either be the updates on the steps that have already been done within the research time duration. More so, it can also be a document that contains the results of the research being executed. It is very important for writing a report for research to be accurate, comprehensive, and organized which are the reasons why the use of a research template as a guide in creating this document is highly suggested. You can also see report templates
Business Research Report Template
Market Research Report Template
Market Research Report Template
We have collected a number of downloadable research report templates which you may use as references in creating the research report that you are tasked to do. Other than that, we also have samples of Report Format and Annual Report templates which you may download on the respective links provided. You may also check here Report Sample Doc.
Kinds of Research Reports
As mentioned above, a research report samples can be used in a lot of processes and functions. A few samples of research report are as follows:
- A market research report is a study done by a business to identify their market position and how they are perceived both by their target and prospective markets. Market research may also include comparisons with the products and/or services offered by the company’s competitors.
- A qualitative research report is mainly focused on understanding concepts and ideas. It is a study that can be used as a foundation for quantitative researches.
- An academic research report is created by students who would like to identify solutions for existing problems or understand the framework of various undertakings. Usually, it is a part of the academic requirements of students.
- A research progress report is done within the duration of a research project or study to assure that all the steps or processes needed for the research completion will be accurately implemented.
Academic Research Report Format
Guidelines for Preparing Research Reports
A few guidelines that you may follow in preparing research reports are as follows:
- Assure that all the variables of the report are present. If you are already done with the research and you will just present its results, it is very essential for your research report to be comprehensive and arranged in an organized manner.
- Use a template as a guide. Since the format or layout structure of a research report can affect its presentation in a lot of ways, it is important for you to assure that you are properly guided in preparing the document.
- Be critical with the items that you will include in the report. You need to assure that your research report is based on reality and that all the processes that are done by the researchers are reflected in the report.
- Familiarize yourself with the research report format. Maintain a format from the beginning of the report up to the end of the research report presentation. It will help the people who will review the document to have an easier time browsing it.
Aside from our research report templates and samples, you may also browse through our downloadable samples of Business Report Templates available on our website’s business archives.