Many entrepreneurs already know that strategy is important. But it is not enough to have a strategy in the beginning: you must also constantly review and update your strategy. A strategy report is what you prepare to help you examine your impact, your results, your progress, and your performance. It will tell you whether you need to recalibrate or update your strategy or bring yourself back on track. You may also see report samples.
218+ FREE REPORT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple Numbers, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Strategic Analysis Report Template
Strategy Progress Report Template
Business Strategy Report Template
One of the biggest favors you can do for your strategic approach is to study other strategies. The best way to do this is to read strategy reports within your field. A Report Template will help you make your own report, but the strategy reports of others will not only guide your layout but your mind-set. Consider this collection of strategy reports as just one of those free resources you can’t pass up.
Marketing Strategy Report Template
Jobs Strategy Report Template
Free Strategy Report Template
When to Draft Strategy Reports
The decision of when to create a strategy report is as important as having a well-thought-out strategy in the first place. A strategy report may be focused (e.g., a Marketing Report) or general (a Business Report). For it to be truly effective, it needs to be strategic also in its timing.
There are several key inflection points. For some added insight and discernment into each of these points, consider the following samples provided as free PDF documents for your perusal:
- Business Strategy Report—Often a report that comes in the beginning, offering a full scope of your intentions and plans. This is where you will gain (or lose) supporters and funders.
- Strategy Implementation Report—This is an executive report on the implementation, or the takeoff period, if it happens to be a prolonged and tricky ordeal.
- Strategy Progress Report—A report that comes in at a time where you are deep into the project founded on your initial strategy. This will help you show your clients and investors how you have done so far, summarizing your impact and your adherence with your original plan. It will foster continued support. This is similar to the Strategy Performance Report.
- HR Strategy Report—This report can happen any time in follow-up response to issues and committee suggestions.
- Strategy Review Report—This is when the original strategy is reexamined, the course is reset, and the resources marshaled.
- Strategy Development Report—This occurs when the original strategy might have to be redesigned, or when a new strategy has to be developed in its place or in its absence.
Other reports in this collection are directed at areas of focus within an overall strategy (the Jobs Strategy Report Template shows how the Ford company tackles site redevelopment strategy). It will benefit you to study what you can get.
HR Strategy Report Template
Strategy Implementation Report Template
Strategy Performance Report Template
Strategy Review Report Template
Strategy Development Report Template
How to Use These Templates
As references and guidelines for your own reports, these free PDF documents will at the very least give you a glimpse into the professional strategic minds at work in various fields of industry.
If you are able to replicate such multiple-page reports and condense it into a Summary Report, you will be on your way to understanding your business’s game plan inside and out, and thus be able to direct it toward greater things.