The banking industry is open for employment for applicants that come from different fields of expertise. However, it will be a big advantage if you are already aware of the banking processes that you will be tasked to execute should you be hired for a particular banking position.
A banking resume is used by a job applicant who would like to be employed in the industry of banking and finance. We have curated a number of banking resume template to aid you when you create your own professional banking resume. Choose the one you think is the best fit for the position you are currently eyeing.
Investment Banking Resume Templates
Investment Banking Associate
Investment Banking Business Analyst
Corporate Banking Resume Template
Corporate Banking Relationship Manager
Private Banking Resume Templates
Private Banking Associate
1. What to Include in a Banking Resume
A banking resume example is one of the most important documents that you will use in applying for a banking position. This document is a key factor that can help you get the attention and initial trust of your employer especially if you provide them with a well-presented list of your qualifications as a professional banking applicant.
Some of the important things that you need to put in your banking resume include the following:
- Your academic awards may be needed if you are a fresh graduate and still do not have any experiences in the banking industry. Though educational achievements may not be directly translated to exemplary work performance, it will still be a big help if you will allow your prospective employer to know that you are highly competitive and you have the work ethics that can help you adjust to the professional world.
- You also need to write a profile summary or a resume objective so you can focus on your skills, abilities and professional attributes. More so, this will help the employer analyze whether you are fit for the position that they want to fill.
- Your basic personal details and your contact information that will be used by your prospective employer to reach you regarding the results of your application. This area of your banking resume should have these items:
- Your full name
- Your age
- Your present/current/permanent mailing address
- Your personal mobile and telephone number
- Your e-mail address
- You can include your academic attainment and the educational practices that you were able to execute. Of course, these have to be related to the banking industry. In addition, you can also write about your internships in the banking and finance industry as it will allow the business to know that you already have the basics needed for the job.
- Include your work experiences in the field of banking if you have any. It is most important for you to specify work positions you filled in your previous job, their job descriptions, and your achievements while in that position. Your professional banking work experiences listing should have the following details:
- The name of the banks and other financial establishments that you have worked with
- The banking job positions that you have already handled during your past professional work experiences
- The kind of banking and finance processes that you have immersed in
- The job functions of the banking job position that have been entrusted to you by your previous employers
- The nature of operations of the business of your previous company
- The entire duration that you rendered your professional banking services to the specific companies listed in your work experiences
- Your references may either be listed or you can just specify that the information of your reference is available upon request. Make sure that the references that you will select are credible enough so that their reference or recommendation letters for you will be highly regarded should they be needed to create one, which will depend on the requirements of the business.
Retail Banking Resume Templates
Retail Banking Manager
Retail Banking Business Analyst
Professional Banking Resumes
Professional Investment Banking
Professional Banking Resume Example
Entry-Level Banking Resumes
Entry-Level Banking Resume Sample
Entry-Level Banking in PDF
Banking Internship Resumes
Banking Internship Resume Sample
Investment Banking Internship
2. Who Can Use Our Banking Resumes?
The resume templates that you can download from this post are applicable in the different banking industry. With this, there are different entities who can benefit from the usage of particular banking resumes that can be found in this article. Some of the entities who can use our banking resumes are as follows:
- Entry level bank applicants; which includes fresh graduates and those shifting careers
- Work candidates for a variety of bank project coordinating job positions
- Bank teller candidates
- Bank branch manager and supervisor applicants
- Account manager and loan officer aspirants
- Banking program analyst and adviser applicants; and
- Other people who would like to immerse themselves in the industry of banking and finance
3. Things to Highlight in a Banking Resume
Your banking resume should be arranged in a reversed chronological order so you can fully showcase your qualifications to your prospective employer. However, this will not apply to new applicants in the industry. If you belong to the latter, you can use a functional resume instead. Some of the things that you can give focus on in your banking resume include the following:
- Your professional work experiences in the field of banking
- The relation of your past work posts in the banking position that you would like to have
- Your areas of expertise in terms of financial and strategic planning
- Your ability to execute banking processes like customer relations and retention
- Your knowledge of profit, credit and loss management, compliance with auditing requirements
- Your ability to execute budget and cash flow management
- Your skills in retail banking, cash allocations, and accounts receivables and payables
- Your ability to maintain a professional banking and investor relations
Your professional resume should be able to give importance to these items as you need to make sure that you have all the tools that you need to be considered by the hiring personnel.
Remember that the field of banking and finance is a highly competitive field so you need must ensure that you can showcase your advantages and unique qualities in comparison to other applicants in the job position that you want to have. If you would like to have an additional document to support your application, you can send a banking cover letter alongside your resume.
Commercial Banking Resumes
Commercial Banking Manager
Commercial Real Estate Banking
Corporate Banking Resumes
Corporate Banking Credit Analyst Resume
Banking Manager Resumes
Assistant Banking Manager
Corporate Banking Manager
Private Banking Manager
4. Guidelines in Creating a Banking Resume
There are no existing strict rules that you need to follow in creating a simple banking resume. However, you need to make absolute sure that the free banking resume template that you are planning to create is striking, well-formatted, and highly usable. You need to make sure that the professional profile that will be submitted to your prospective employer can help you to standout from your competitors.
Some of the guidelines that you may incorporate in the creation of your banking resume are as follows:
- Use any of the templates that you can download from this post so you can have an easier time in formatting the content, layout, and structure of your professional banking resume sample.
- Make sure that you will provide information about your financial literacy. This can be done by presenting concrete information and banking systems that you are aware of and the financial processes and procedures that you can execute in varying situations.
- You should have a high degree of banking knowledge. It is essential for you to discuss, through your resume, that you are fit for the banking job position that you are applying for and you have all the deliverable that can be used in the daily banking and financial processes of an entity where you would like to be an employee.
- Through your professional work experiences, you need to imply that you are aware of the financial industry and its nature of operations. More so, you need to give statements that will allow your prospective employer to identify that you can properly implement the knowledge areas that you have with regards to the industry.
- Have an in-depth research about the requirements and qualifications of a particular banking position. This way, you can directly create a resume that can hit the items that an employer is looking for in its candidates. It will also be helpful if you will compare your banking resume to other resumes available online so you will be aware of the things that you can change for the improvement of your professional profile.
- Showcase your drive to excel in the field of banking and create a resume that can highlight your ambition to be one of the best in the industry which can be possible if you will be given the chance by the company to practice your expertise.
- Your resume template should be able to discuss your skills, abilities and other areas of competencies. These items will give you higher chances of being considered for the banking job position that you would like to have.
A banking resume may be too complicated to create at first. All you need to do is to take the process of creation slowly so you can focus on the specific area of the banking resume that you are currently working on. Once all these areas are put together through a well-formatted resume layout, it will be easy for you to submit a document that can truly do wonders for your application in the banking industry.