A theater performance is always pleasing to the eyes. From the well-crafted props up to the costumes that are individually designed to fit a certain role that is given to a character, attending a theater performance assures you that a visual feast is ready to be served.
As an art in collaborative form, there are individual factors that need to be put together to create an outstanding theater play. Usually, these plays use theater performers to portray specific jobs and give life to a storyline.
Should you want to apply as a theater performer or artist, you may browse through our résumé samples so you can start creating your own document for an application.
3978+ Resume Templates in Word | PSD | InDesign | Apple Pages | Publisher | Illustrator -START DOWNLOADING
Musical Theater Resume Template
Technical Theater Resume Template
TV Theater Resume Template
Actor Theater Resume Template
Basic Theater Resume Template
1. Creating Your Résumé
Here we offer some tips as to what a good theater résumé:
- Theater experiences of the applicant. A good way to back up your application samples is to identify all the experiences that you’ve had as a performer including short listings, call backs, and actual performances. You may not be able to land a specific role that you want on past experiences, but letting the employer know that you are considered on such roles help in the decision process of getting you on the next theater production.
- Productions where an applicant was able to perform. The best thing to put on your résumé is your actual experiences where you were already a part of a production and perform in front of big crowds.
- The characters that the theater performer was able to bring to life. If you have already played iconic characters, you can put them on your résumé, especially if they are somehow similar in nature to the role that you are being cast for.
If you think that you already have all of these, start applying to more productions for a growth of career. You may take references on our acting résumé template and view an actor résumé example for further information.
Community Theatre Resume Template
Professional Theater Résumé
Beginner Theater Résumé Template
Blank Theater Résumé Template
Sample Theater Resume Template
Film Tv Theater Resume
We offer you some more elements you could put in your résumé as a theater performer:
- Work ethic. Castings do not only rely on how a person looks like or the past experiences a theater actor has in the bag. Being able to properly work and stick to schedules are also very important matters.
- Knowledge of theater performance. Knowing what are the things that are happening in a theater production is truly very important.
- Ability to adapt to a specific material. A wide range of theater roles is up for grabs. A theater performer must be able to adapt to a lot of them to get the roles they want to portray.
- Theater training and education. More than the experiences, knowing the theater basics and its foundation is also important.
- Skills. Some theater plays require its actors to sing, do a certain act of role-playing, or even use an instrument while doing their part in the production.
- Awards and citations. What can further prove your expertise in the industry than the awards you have been nominated at or even received?
Aside from samples of theater résumés, our website also has Business Resume Template samples.