An education curriculum vitae is a document of a person’s background information such as past working experiences, educational background, training, research and teaching experience. An educational curriculum vitae bears the pertinent information in regards to academic matters. This type of document is used in seeking job opportunities like that of a resume example, the only difference is that a curriculum vitae template bears a much detailed information and is quite longer than a one or two-page resume.
Education curriculum vitae will be presented to future employers with a curriculum vitae cover letter attached to it that explains the full details of a job seekers reasons why he is interested with the job and the company as well.
Format for Higher Education
Elementary Curriculum Vitae
Health Curriculum Vitae
Elements of a Curriculum Vitae
Do you want an effective job curriculum vitae that can guarantee that you end up getting that call or email that will open the door to the interviewer’s office and maybe even that vacancy you’re applying for? It’s not impossible. However, other than deciding whether to include a job cover letter or not, there are things that you have to consider:
- Identifying Information – Include your given name, address, contact number, e-mail address, marital status, number of children.
- Educational Background – Start writing from the most recent degree attained with the dates of completion.
- Achievements – Awards, honors and recognition attained must be mentioned.
- Thesis and Dissertations – Provide the title, theoretical background, conclusion and names of your panel list.
- Experiences – Cite your professional experiences (teaching/research experience).
- Interests – the subject matter and courses you are interested in especially teaching them.
- Academic Service and Professional Affiliations – Mention the department or any university groups you have rendered your service, as well as professional groups you belong to.
There are lots of things to take consideration to, if you’re afraid you might forget some details while writing a curriculum vitae, just refer to our CV Templates that would surely be a great help.
Student Curriculum Vitae
Training and Education
The Difference Between CV and Resume
- Curriculum vitae format template bears the summary of a person’s basic information, skills, experiences and achievements.
- A curriculum vitae is a bit longer and is more detailed than a resume. It is highly detailed in terms of educational background, academic and professional achievements.
- CV’s emphasize a person’s accomplishments such as awards, publications, honors, scholarship grants, details of the seminars and workshops.
- CV’s are used for academic job application, like a Teaching Curriculum Vitae
- A resume is a short legal document that features a brief, clear and concise synopsis of a job seeker’s personal background in regards to education, skills, and work experiences.
- Resumes do not really follow a chronological pattern of listing down the work experiences and seminars attended. They can be written down interchangeably.
- Resume does not include the full details of a person’s thesis works, published works etc.
- Resumes are attached with resume job cover letters.
Decide on what type of job you will be applying for. For applications to fields of science, education, or managerial positions, a formal curriculum vitae would be worth having. For the rest, a resume would surely suffice.