When looking for your first job, there is any number of tools that you may find yourself in need of. Being that not all people necessarily start after leaving school, you may find yourself in need of a student resume template to help start early, though there are other first resume templates you can use.
If you are indeed applying for a first job, then a fresher resume might be the perfect tool for you. Unlike more experienced workers, you do not have too much to offer prospective employers. As such, you would need tools that could help you communicate that to employers while also making you sound enticing.
High School First Resume Templates
High School Student First Resume
High School Graduate First Resume
High School Student First Job Resume
Teenager First Resume Templates
Teenager First Job Resume
Teenager First Resume Sample
Simple First Resume Templates
Simple First Job Resume
Simple First Resume in PDF
1. Components of First Resume Templates
While this kind of template will not have the same elements in others, there are some, like resume objectives, that can be seen in most examples of resume templates.
- Name, as this is an introductory document for your own benefit.
- Educational background, which would be important as you will likely have little professional experience. You may elect to use your high school background if you have not gone any higher.
- Academic achievements, as any such achievements, may make you a more enticing prospect. This can include academic awards, recognition from extracurricular activities, etc.
- Volunteer experience, which can demonstrate some level of familiarity with work, particularly if you did so without payment. If you participated in some activities out of school that can only help your cause.
- Work experience, if any. If you have had a part-time job, for example, you already prove yourself someone with actual work experience, albeit limited.
2. How to Write a First Resume
As a first resume, yours would benefit from tools like high school resume templates and college resume templates. However, there are still some steps that you should take note of when designing your resume, as there are still some particular things you need to do.
- First, include your name and contact information, as would be the case with a regular resume.
- If you choose to include any resume objectives, then design yours such that it can be a learning experience for yourself.
- Include your educational background, whatever that may be. If you are still in college, you may include the school’s name, your degree, and when you plan templates to graduate.
- If you have had any work experience, do include that, as well as what each job entailed.
- Also be sure to include any extracurricular and volunteer activities you have participated in, such as community outreach.
First Job Resume Templates
First Part Time Job Resume
First Job Student Resume
3. Who Can Use These Templates?
These simple resume templates can be used by a variety of different people. One interesting quirk about them is that they need not be used by those who have left school yet. Of course, the best resume formats may not make such distinctions as they should be more multipurpose than that.
- High school students, who, in some cases, can begin working out of high school. Of course, they may also be on the lookout for part-time jobs, such as for summer break, and such templates are readily available if so.
- College students, who may be trying to supplement their incomes, help pay for their studies or may need on-the-job experience.
- Entry-level applicants, who would be looking for fairly easy jobs to enter into, being that they are recent graduates. There are also templates that can serve them if they were looking for tools they could use.
4. What Not to Include in First Resume Templates
As with other kinds of resume templates, resume templates for freshers have some things that should not be included. While some of these apply to one page resume templates in general, there are some things that cannot be included in first resume templates by default.
- Professional experience, as you will very likely not have much if any. While you can include part-time jobs for similar jobs, you should probably not include such jobs when applying professionally.
- Personal information, as there is a limit to how much information you should share with potential employers. As some users of these templates may also be minors, you should take care not to share too much.
- Irrelevant skills or experience, as there are some skills that do not contribute to your being able to your making a good impression.
- Large blocks of text, as employers prefer clipped, organized-looking formats on resumes.
First College Resume Templates
First Year College Student Resume
First Year College Resume in PDF
First Engineering Resumes
First Year Engineering Student Resume
First Year Engineering Resume
First Nursing Resume
First Nursing Job Resume
First Nursing Student Resume
5. What These Templates Can Do for You
Most functional resume templates are expected to be able to perform certain acts for their users, being that they are meant to be aids for writing resumes in the first place. These resume templates are much the same, albeit for a more particular user base.
- Help sell workers with little or no experience, as many of the users who would use these resumes are either students or entry-level applicants. As many potential users have no practical experience, these templates can help keep them competitive.
- Help familiarize young people with writing resumes, as these resumes focus primarily on younger users. This can help such people with writing their own resumes in the future, once they have some more experience.
- Help bring academics to the fore, since users generally have little beyond academics. This can make these templates akin to CV’s in that the user’s own academic performance contributes to their attractiveness as hires.
6. Tips for Using First Resume Templates
You may also be interested in some tips that may be able to help you use your templates more easily. After all, these guidelines can help you with more than just graduate fresher resume templates and internship resume templates, as they may well be applicable to regular types of resume templates.
- List all your skills, especially the ones that could keep you competitive. Since you likely have little experience, you will have to fall back on these and your academics.
- Emphasize any extracurricular activities, as these should have taught you something about responsibility and self-motivation, both traits that would be desirable in an employee.
- Emphasize your willingness to learn. Since you are young and fairly inexperienced, you should play up how willing and able you would be to learn on the job. This should make you a willing, flexible hire compared to your competition.
There are other templates available on the site should you need different ones for your work, which should give you more choices should it become necessary.