IT jobs are in demand in different companies all over the world in the past few years. Since almost all companies use computer systems, they need someone who will manage software, hardware, and networking to ensure a smooth-running business operation. If you’re planning to apply for an IT position, make sure to check this target resume.
The ultimate purpose of a resume is to summarize your work experiences and accomplishments. By following this resume outline, you will be able to effectively highlight and emphasize all the information needed to capture the attention of the hiring party.
Information Technology Generalist Resume Template
Information Technology Coordinator Resume Template
Information Technology Project Manager Resume Template
Information Technology Operations Manager Resume Template
Free Software Developer Resume
Free Professional Developer Resume Template
Information Technology Graduate Resume
Sample Information Technology Resume
Sample Entry Level Information Technology Resume
Health Information Technology Resume
IT Project Manager Resume
IT Sales Resume
Business Information Technology Resume
1. Killer Resume Tips
If you are a software engineer looking to write a killer resume that will impress a potential employer, then you don’t have to look far and wide. In this section, we will provide smart resume writing tips that will help you not only impress the employer, but get chosen for the job.
- One of the most important things to remember when writing a resume is to tailor it to match your qualifications with the job requirements needed by the employer.
- Unless you don’t have a lot of interesting things to write in your resume, limit your resume to a single page. Only include information relevant to the company and position.
- Do not forget to write down technical details of your work, contributions, and metrics.
- Use facts to highlight your work projects, instead of subjective descriptions.
2. What Makes a Terrible Software Engineering Resume
- Focusing on your job duties and responsibilities rather than on the things you have accomplished.
- Highlighting project activities instead of the responsibilities.
- Poor resume design and layout.
- Being vague. When writing about your accomplishments, you should explain the things you did to achieve them.
A resume is used to market your experiences and accomplishments, so make sure write it in a clear and compelling manner. You can also download and use our Software Engineering Resume Templates and/or IT Resume Format Templates.
IT Director Resume
IT Student Resume
3. Types of Resume Format and How to Use Them
After you have identified the IT position and company you want to apply for, the next thing you need to consider is to determine the type of resume format that works best for you. Each type of format has a unique and distinct purpose and set of of advantages, so be sure to choose wisely
Chronological Resume – This format is used to list all your employment history from the most recent down to the earliest. It is perfect for applicants with strong and solid professional history. It is also the best format to use to present promotions and upward career progression.
Functional Resume – Unlike the first format, a functional resume is used to hide multiple gaps in work history by focusing on your skills. If you are a newbie or is someone who wants to work in a new industry, this resume format is best for you.
Combination Resume – It literally combines the format of a chronological and functional resume.