Nowadays, there is any number of tools to help you apply for different jobs, such as CV cover letters. Of course, the whole job application process can be made much easier with the help of tools like CV templates, especially if you are looking for a job in the legal profession.
Law curriculum vitae templates are much like templates for any other job, the main difference being in the specialization. Of course, this means that law CV templates will have a particular focus on those who have prepared for a legal career, and have the background to match.
3978+ Resume Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Law Curriculum Vitae Sample
Law Student CV Template
Law Graduate CV Example
Corporate Lawyer CV Template
Sample Law Professor CV Template
Law School Librarian Curriculum Vitae
1. How to Write a Legal CV
Much like similar tools like a lawyer resume template, a model CV would have to focus on any qualifications you have for a given legal job. Some of the things you would have to do include:
- Placing your name and other personal information at the top of the page. This can give a means of contacting you later on.
- Dividing all your qualifications into different sections, each detailing your educational background, skills, and career experience. You may also see Free Resume Templates.
- Create a separate section for miscellaneous information not directly related to your qualifications. Use this to explain gaps in your experience.
- You can also make a section for any references.
2. What Achievements Should I Add to My Law CV?
There is still the question of what to place in your CV. Those skills are rather similar to what you would include in paralegal resume templates, which would include:
- Cite the degrees you have and schools you attended.
- You can also include where you interned, and if you contributed to actual cases in the process.
- Also include any academic honors or scholarships you received from your school.
- You can also include any publications you have contributed to or books you may have written.
Banking Law Curriculum Vitae
Criminal Law CV Template
Human Rights Law CV Template
Professional Law Curriculum Outline Template
Senior Lawyer CV Template
3. CV Tips for Lawyers
In documents like CV’s and legal resumes, there are some tips that you may wish to keep in mind so that you can make them more effective. After all, there are a considerable number of things that you can do in the background that can make your CV’s more effective, such as:
- Research the position first. This allows you to tailor your CV to the particular job or firm, and make something that can best appeal to the given position.
- Brainstorm your qualifications. This allows you to think of the most relevant skills and achievements that can make a better impression on every job.
- You may wish to look at other documents like legal administrative assistant resumes, as these might give you new ideas for making your own CV’s.
- Always double-check your documents. This can help you to catch any mistakes you may have overlooked, like typos. Making sure that your CV is as perfect as possible help make a better impression on hiring managers.
Of course, these are not the only CV templates you may find on this website. If you find yourself in need of other kinds of CV’s and resumes format, you may rest assured that you can find them elsewhere on this site.