A sales manager is the overall in charge with the sales activities of a company. Sales managers are hired to look after the sales team to make sure that sales quotas are met for a certain period of time.
More than the money that they were able to produce for the company from assuring that clients will continue patronizing the products and services being offered by the business, sales managers also assure that there is a strong rapport with clients and that the company will retain its prestige for client loyalty.
If you want to apply as a sales manager, we have downloadable Resume Templates that you may use in creating your professional profile.
Retail Sales Manager Resume
Sales Marketing Manager Resume
Sales Assistant Manager Resume
Sales/Project Manager Resume
Sales Planning Manager Resume
Duties and Responsibilities of a Sales Manager
A sales manager must be driven by goals and should be competitive in nature. After all, competitors are the primary reason why the sales team need a manager to lead them so they can be better than any other sales team of different companies and organizations.
Depending on the company, a sales manager may oversee local, regional, or international sales processes of a business. This includes being able to mingle with a lot of people that can be target clients and assuring that all inquiries are being answered especially if it is about the company’s products and services.
Also, a wide range of knowledge about the industry where he or she is working for is very much needed as preferences of the clients in a certain field must always be tracked to assure that the products and services being offered by the company is still appropriate and timely.
We both have Sales Resume Templates and Manager Resume Templates that you may use for your future applications may it be as a sales manager or other job functions.
Sales Account Manager Resume
Assistant Sales Manager Resume Sample
Sales Executive Manager Resume
Senior Sales Manager Resume
Technical Sales Manager Resume
Here we share with you a few of the job functions of a sales manager below:
- Work with the finance and accounting department to know trends and be able to agree on or even set a target sales quota for a time duration
- Provide sales goals that are needed to be met by all the members of the sales team
- Assess whether a sales team member is doing good in terms of getting clients
- Know more about the target market through research and make sure that they are being well penetrated
- Have the product knowledge and present it to prospective clients the best way possible
- Monitor the sales team performance
- Measure the ability of the entire team in terms of getting sales calls and being able to turn these meetings into having actual clients of the company
- Provide the sales team all the training that they need to improve efficiency
- Give all the team members the support that they need
- Analyze factors that weaken the sales drive of employees hence showing negative results to targeting sales quotas
- Assign territories that each sales member may target
- Draft sales strategies and research about it before putting it into action
- Know the current market and industry trends and adjust strategies and plans accordingly
- Monitor the results of the sales activities of the company from time to time and know how it can improve
- Be involved in the hiring process of sales employees.
Aside from the job functions of a sales manager, we also have Retail Resume Templates available for download.