18+ Sales Resume Templates in PDF
When applying in the sales industry, you may select to use nontraditional resumes or you may also choose to provide your prospective company with a modern sales resume. The usage of professional profiles for your application in the field of sales depends on the position that you are applying for and the qualifications that you may present to your target employer.
In making your sales resume, you need to make sure that you will present your technical skills and key sales competencies as these can help you be considered for the next phases of the application process. We have put together resume writing tips and sales resume templates in PDF in this post so you can be guided accordingly in creating your sales resume.
Pharmaceutical Sales Resumes
Entry-Level Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Resume
Pharmaceutical Sales Manager Resume
Pharmaceutical Sales Resume Sample
Sales Executive Resumes
Senior Sales Executive
1. Do Experiences in the Sales Industry Matter?
In making a sales resume, one of the factors that you need to consider is your professional work experiences. However, there are companies and fields of expertise that accept entry-level sales applicants that they can deploy on rank-and-file positions. Being able to present your skills and how it can benefit the company may sometimes be enough for employers to show interest in you.
Though sales industry experiences are favorable when applying for a sales position, it is not that much of a deal, especially for work posts that need technical skills and competencies more than work experiences.
2. How to Present Your Professional Work Experiences
As mentioned above, your professional work experiences will help you to have a more favorable response from employers. You can present your professional work experiences in sales resume samples by being knowledgeable about these items:
- Specify the companies that you have worked for. You can also include the nature of the sales processes of your previous employers.
- Indicate the number of years or any time duration that you have worked in the sales industry. Be particular with the dates of your employment so employers can also measure your company loyalty.
- List down the job positions and the work functions that have been entrusted to you by the companies that you have worked for. Like sales associate resumes, you may create specific sales resumes if you want to apply for a targeted position where your qualifications will be fully utilized.
Sales Representative Resumes
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Sample Sales Representative Resume
Marketing Sales Resumes
Marketing Sales Manager
Marketing Sales Associate
Sales Manager Resumes
Regional Sales Manager
3. What to Include in a Sales Resume
A sales resume should be comprehensive and organized for it to fully showcase your ability to provide added value to the company where you are applying for a sales position. A basic sales resume should have the following information:
- A career objective or a professional summary. The usage of either a career objective or a professional summary depends on the qualifications of the candidate.
- A career objective may be used by applicants who would like to present their aspirations and their goal to grow with the company while harnessing their sales skills.
- Professional summary is more appropriate to be used by experienced applicants who want to present their expertise gathered through a long period of exposure in the sales industry.
- Your work experiences. We have already specified the relevance of providing your work experiences in your sales resume. Being able to present your previous work positions will let companies have an easier time to identify the work post where you may be considered for employment. As an example, sales executive resumes should have a list of the experiences of an applicant in providing services to existing and prospective clients.
- An educational background. If you have been employed in the sales industry for a long period of time, your educational attainment may be placed at the back of your resume. Remember to just place your highest educational attainment, to give more space to more important details that you need to place in your professional profile.
- Your technical skills and abilities. The field of sales needs competitive and highly skilled individuals. You need to give information about your skills and abilities as these can be one of the main comparisons that employers may take note of between you and your competitors.
In some cases, best sales resumes also include the applicant’s interests that are related to sales operations, the sales internship of the candidate, and other competencies and talents that may be needed in the company’s different sales undertakings.
Entry-Level Sales Resumes
Sample Entry-Level Retail Sales Resume
Sales Associate Resumes
Retail Sales Associate Resume
Sales Associate Resume Example
Retail Sales Resumes
Sample Retail Sales Resume
4. Entry-Level Sales Resume
Basic sales resumes can be helpful in listing down the information that can get the attention of prospective employers, especially for applicants who are applying for rank-and-file positions. An entry-level sales resume is created for the following purposes:
- To showcase the technical skills of a new graduate who has no actual experiences in the field of sales
- To provide information about the abilities of a sales applicant who has been immersed in the sales field for a short period of time
- To list the sales experiences of an employee who would like to shift from one industry to another where the same sales functions is evident in his/her track record
Unlike sales manager resumes where usage is limited to sales supervisors, managers and other employees who have a wide range and scope of experiences in the field of sales, an entry-level sales resume can be used by a bigger population, which include the following entities:
- Fresh graduates whose college degrees are related to the sales industry and its operations
- People who have no experiences in the field of sales but would like to try it
- Applicants who have minimum sales experiences but have the skills necessary for the needs of the company’s sales department
- New sales candidates who are planning to shift from one field of expertise to another
Medical Sales Resumes
Medical Device Sales Resume
Medical Sales Manager Resume
Sales Assistant Resumes
Sales Executive Assistant Resume
Sales Engineer Resumes
Technical Sales Engineer Resume
Sales Application Engineer Resume
5. Guidelines in Making Sales Resumes
- Identify the kind of resume type or format that you will use. There are different kinds of resume types that cater to different applicants with varying competencies, qualifications, and strengths.
- Make sure of existing sales resume examples and assess which templates are usable as your references. This will allow you to have a well-formatted sales resume with content that can be helpful to your sales application.
- Be specific with the sales resume templates that you will refer to. Again, there are different kinds of sales resumes that are formatted based on what can provide the most advantages to a candidate’s application.
- When making a sales resume, always consider the business where you are applying, the nature of operations that you expect to immerse yourself into, your desired or targeted sales position, and the relation of your abilities and skills to the requirements of the job post that you want to have.