In any job opportunity, a resume template is your gateway to eventually get a job interview. It is your ticket to get into the right career path. Regardless of the amount of job experience you have as a teacher, you are still required to make a resume. You may also see teacher templates.
In the academe, teachers are a gem. They cultivate the minds and hearts of the students. They create and project a bigger picture of how the world works. In line with this, academic institutions are so keen in terms of hiring teachers. To help you acquire a job opportunity, you can check out these teacher resume samples and templates.
Free Teacher Resume Template
Sample Teacher Resumes in Word
Sample Teacher Job Resume
Teacher Resumes in Word
Resume of Elementary Teacher in Word
Music Teacher Resume in Word
Music Teacher Cover Letter
Music Teacher Resume Format
Music Teacher Job Resume
1. What Are Points to Include in Your Teacher Resume?
As educators, teachers play a pivotal role in molding the minds and characters of students. They must have the required academic credentials to fulfill their job with utmost confidence and professionalism. Here are some points to include in your resume:
- Personal contact details. These include the teacher’s complete name, updated addresses, and contact details.
- Career goals. The resume should also emphasize the teacher’s concrete career objectives. A genuine objective in, say, “molding minds of future leaders” can help capture the attention of employers.
- Academic credentials. This is one of the main focuses of employers in the case of teachers. Prominent academic achievements should be emphasized to bolster your credentials. You have to highlight the various certifications, licenses, training, and seminars that you’ve attended that increase your knowledge and skill in a particular field.
- Relevant work experiences. Also a critical point in your resume. For those who have been in the teaching profession for a long time, you can emphasize your experiences in a chronological and systematic manner.
- Volunteer and other relevant interests. If you are engaging in other nonteaching activities but are relevant in your field of expertise, include them. For example, you are a social science teacher and involved in humanitarian and volunteer activities. You can include your key accomplishments to make them know that you live what you teach.
These are some key points to remember in formatting your sample resume. As a teacher, give more attention to details because so much is expected from you.
2. A Variety of Teacher Resume Templates
As you can see from our list of templates, our teacher resume templates are not just solely focused on formal education but also any field of interest that requires learning and teaching. Here are some of our featured templates:
- Yoga teacher resume templates. Based on our sample template, you can divide your resume with the sections such as the summary, relevant qualifications, work experience which includes the organization’s names, designation, and responsibilities, other activities, and, lastly, the personal details of the yoga teacher. The template is direct and straightforward and is focused more on the experiences of the yoga teacher.
- Music teacher resume templates. In accord with the provided template, you can divide your resume into the sections such as the professional summary, areas of expertise, professional experience, education and certification, and affiliations. You will also see that the areas of expertise of the teacher are arranged in a table-like manner for more emphasis.
These are just some of our featured free teacher resume templates. There are still that you can learn and discover here.
Elementary Teacher Resumes in Word
Sample Elementary Teacher
Free Elementary Teacher
Free Teacher Resumes in Word
Free Sample Teacher Resume
Primary Teacher Resume in Word
Primary Teacher Resume Format
Pre Primary Teacher Resume
3. How to Write a Teaching Cover Letter?
To make your resume stand out, even more, you should also take into account your cover letter. It guides your prospective employers in the course of checking up your resume. It will seal the deal. Here are some steps that you may consider:
- Select a formal and legible font style. In writing a cover letter, there is no need of using over artistic and creative fonts. Stick to the formal ones such as Times New Roman or Calibri.
- In the top left of the letter, write your name and address. You have to do this even though you are delivering the letter via email.
- After the address part, you are required to skip a line and start putting in the name and position of the addressee of the letter. In this case, it may refer to the school principal or human resource officer.
- For the salutations, always ensure that you put the correct name of the addressee. As much as possible be specific.
- For the next part, you can start telling the recipient about your interest in a vacant teaching position.
- You can also explain how you know about the said position and what made you interested in it.
- As a teacher, you can also include some general information that you know about the school or university. A trait of them that made you want to become part of their institution.
- After this, you can now start stating the relevant work experiences that you can relate to the vacant teaching position. You can even enumerate some of your credentials in a very concise manner.
- You can also say something about the kind of students you dealt with before and the type of classes you handle.
- To end your letter, you can share how passionate you are to touch the minds and hearts of students and that teaching is more than just a profession to you.
These are some points that can guide you in writing your cover letter for your resume. If you’re interested in more teacher application letters, we have more templates for you.
Substitute Teacher Resumes in Word
Substitute Teacher Skills
Substitute Teacher Cover Letter
Substitute Teacher Sample Resume
Teacher Job Resumes in Word
Teacher Job Resume Example
Yoga Teacher Job Resume
High School Teacher Resumes in Word
High School Teacher Resume Format
High School Teacher Resume Objective
Sample High School Teacher Resume
High School Teacher Job Resume
4. Tips in Writing Effective Teacher Resumes
With the constant change of tides, the academic realm is also tight in terms of competition. A lot of teachers graduate and are looking for jobs. Here are some points to consider to make your resume effective:
- Research on current trends and job vacancies. Research can really make your life easier as a job applicant. You can research the academic institution you’re in for you to gain more details about what they are looking for. As you know, facts truly matter in a teacher’s resume.
- Proofread and promote your key accomplishments. Always promote your key accomplishments. Your accomplishments make you distinct and stand out from the others. Constant proofreading can also make your resume more formal and professional.
These are some simple tips that you may consider. To help you more in dealing with formal resume, we have formal resume formats and templates for you.