In the trades, you’re going to need a bill of sale when selling distinct commodities. This is especially important for large, valuable pieces—for example, if you are pushing a secondhand car through a used vehicle dealership. This applies also to furniture. If you are doing a one-time transaction to get rid of an old wicker set in a garage sale, maybe you can let this formality slide. But if you’re running an artisan business selling handmade furniture, or if selling used furniture is a regular part of your regular trade, bills of sale are legal requirements.
Whatever your business with furniture, here are some bills of sale to help you do the job with no more necessary trouble than point, click, download, and print.
Office Furniture Bill of Sale
Used Furniture Bill of Sale Template
Blank Bill of Sale for Furniture
Generic Bill of Sale for Furniture
How Is a Furniture Bill Different from Regular Bills?
A bill of sale fashioned to serve furniture transactions will be different from regular bills the way an Equipment Bill of Sale will differ from a regular Blank Bill of Sale. The difference is in the identifying details of the commodity being exchanged.
Remember that a bill of sale is a legal document that transfers the property rights of the commodity (or the entitlement rights of a service) from the seller to the buyer.
For a furniture bill of sale to be effective, it has to single out that piece of furniture by listing its identifying features. Your bill of sale will then include
- details of seller and buyer,
- details or description of the piece of property,
- final purchasing price, and
- date and time of transaction.
It is also important to note that you must legally own the property as a retailer, wholesaler, or owner-turned-seller before the bill can be legal.
Some specific forms from this list you might find useful:
- The Simple Bill of Sale for Furniture contains a clause that declares you, the seller, as the legal owner of the property (the furniture) before you legally transfer ownership rights to the seller. For personal sales without any liens on the property, use this.
- The Furniture Bill of Sale with Liability Waiver below is only a sample (hence the watermark and “torn” edge) that will show you how to include a warranty with your furniture sale. The warranty is a kind of assurance to the seller of the property’s quality. (If the customer feels cheated out of the quality, legal action may be brought against you.)
Furniture Bill of Sale with Liability Waiver
Printable Furniture Bill of Sale
How to Use These Templates
These documents have been collected for their usefulness to the furniture trade. They will either explicitly state the commodity as a piece of property, or they will mostly resemble blank bills of sale that can nevertheless be adapted very well for furniture sales.
Their adaptability plus the relevant information each form contains will make any of these choices suitable for you.
Just choose the form you can easily fill out for your purposes, download it and print it out for free.
More Bills of Sale
If you’re thinking of selling something bigger (say, a business), there will be further legal details involved. Don’t stretch these bills to accommodate for them. Just search our archives under the Business tab (for example, for Business Bill of Sale) to find what you need.