A bill of sale is an official document recording the transaction of a sale. Template.net covers a range of bill of sale templates for different commodities, and here we focus on the buying and selling of motorcycles.
Bills of sale are especially important for assets such as vehicles, which come with ownership licenses. Done right, a bill of sale should officially and legally transfer ownership rights from seller to buyer.
If you are looking to sell a secondhand Harley hiding in your garage, or if you trade in motorcycles for a living, you will find these templates a convenient time-saver in preparing your own bills.
Feel free to download any of these templates as free Word documents and PDF files.
Printable Motorcycle Bill of Sale Template
Blank Vehicle Bill of Sale
Basic Motorcycle Bill of Sale
Legal Motorcycle Bill of Sale
Details of a Vehicle Bill of Sale
Issuing a bill of sale for every transaction dealing in valuable assets is common law practically everywhere, whether you’re selling a car or a business (see business bills of sale). In the case of motor vehicles, certain information is required in any vehicle bill of sale:
- Buyer’s and seller’s information (names, addresses, signature)
- Vehicle type (if not explicitly stated in the bill, i.e., car, boat, motorcycle, etc.)
- Vehicle-specific information (make, model, manufactured year, odometer reading, vehicle identification number, or VIN)
- Date of transaction
- Final purchasing price
How to Use These Templates
These templates are laid out as straightforward as it gets. It is then a simple matter to click to download and print out for immediate, official use. You might also want to tweak a few details using your favorite word processor or PDF editing software to better suit your needs.
- The basic, generic, and blank templates are good options for basically any general bike sale.
- The notarized motorcycle instrument bill of sale provided below is a special one. Some local laws require notarized bills of sale as part of the paperwork when transferring the vehicle titles.
- If selling a new bike, the new motor vehicle bill of sale template below would be a good fit. (A secondhand vehicle would especially require the specific vehicle information that can be checked against a vehicle history report.)
Note: It’s important to remember that since a bill of sale legally transfers ownership, the seller must first own the vehicle being sold.
Generic Bill of Sale for Motorcycle
Free Motorcycle Bill of Sale
Notarized Motorcycle Instrument Bill of Sale
Simple Motorcycle Bill of Sale
New Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Template
Vehicle Bill of Sale Template
Bonus Templates for Bills of Sale
If you are selling anything else that would normally come with an ownership license, you’ll need a bill of sale specific to the commodity.
- Selling vehicles? You’ll need an auto bill of sale. Aside from the above templates for motorbikes, Template.net also features 11+ Vehicle Bill of Sale Templates covering forms for commercial sales, private sale, used vehicle sale, and, again, for motorcycle sales.
- Selling machinery? 8+ Equipment Bill of Sale templates cover templates for selling heavy machinery.
- Selling a licensed gun you own? Check out these 8+ Fire Arm Bill of Sale Templates available in free Word document and PDF files.
- Selling a business? This is no small undertaking. Here are 8+ Business Bill of Sale templates professionally laid out and available to download for free in Word, Excel, and PDF file formats.
- Selling anything else? To get you started, check out these 10+ General Bill of Sale templates.