Table of Contents
- Statement Template Bundle
- 1. Research Problem Statement Template
- 2. Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
- 3. Community Health Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
- 4. Medical Surgical Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
- 5. Pediatric Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
- 6. Covid 19 Research Problem Statement Template
- 7. Bsc Nursing Research Problem Statement Sample
- 8. General Quantitative Research Problem Statement Template
- 9. Effective Research Paper Problem Statement Template
- 10. Qualitative Research Problem Purpose Statement Template
- 11. Marketing Research Problem Statement Required Format
- 12. Business Research Problem Statement Template
- 13. Research Study Problem Statement Template
- How to Write a Good Research Problem Statement?
- What is the Benefit of Developing a Research statement?
- What is the Writing Style of a Research Statement?
- What are the Elements of Research Problems?
- Problem Statement vs Purpose Statement
- What are the Types of Research Question?
- 5 Tips to Formulate a Research Problem
12+ Research Problem Statement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages
A research problem statement is that statement which outlines the problem that is addressed by the research study. A good research problem is one that mentions the gap in the knowledge that leads to further research. Here are some problem statement templates that can provide you with more information.
Statement Template Bundle
1. Research Problem Statement Template
2. Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
3. Community Health Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
4. Medical Surgical Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
5. Pediatric Nursing Research Problem Statement Template
6. Covid 19 Research Problem Statement Template
7. Bsc Nursing Research Problem Statement Sample
8. General Quantitative Research Problem Statement Template
9. Effective Research Paper Problem Statement Template
10. Qualitative Research Problem Purpose Statement Template
11. Marketing Research Problem Statement Required Format
12. Business Research Problem Statement Template
13. Research Study Problem Statement Template
How to Write a Good Research Problem Statement?
Step 1: You Own Vision
To formulate a good research problem statement it is essential that you establish your own vision board for the research problem. It is important to understand the benefits of solving the problem. That is when you will be able to establish a proper statement.
Step 2: Write Your Issue Statement
Prepare the issue statement that will include the problem and the reason why solving the problem is important. This includes the problem that you encountered and the specifies issues related to that.
Step 3: The Organization of the Method
What is your plan for the method that you will be using? You need to organize all the methods that you will be applying for developing the problem statement and solving them. It is the method that you will apply to solve that problem that you are encountering.
Step 4: Focus on 5Ws
Make sure that you concentrate on the 5ws which are who, what, when, where, and why. This will be the base of your problem statement. You should incorporate whom the problem will affect, what will happen if the problem is not solved, when will the problem get fixed, where is the problem taking place, and why is it important to fix the problem.
What is the Benefit of Developing a Research statement?
The benefit of developing a research statement is that it can help you focused on the particular problem that you have chosen to solve and dig more. It is possible that you might get sidetracked due to the immense knowledge available in the field. What this research problem statement in word does is that it helps you to avoid any kind of deviation. You will ultimately achieve better results.
What is the Writing Style of a Research Statement?
1. Avoid the use of jargon. Make sure that you do not use language that is difficult to understand. User relatively easier language that is easier to understand by readers who are outside the domain of your research analysis area.
2. Write clearly, make it concise and concrete as much as you can so that your statement does not seem vague.
3. Proofread or ask others to proofread to avoid any kind of errors.
4. Stick to the point and avoid exaggeration.
What are the Elements of Research Problems?
There are mainly 5 elements of a research problem:
1. The object or the aim of the problem that will be under investigation.
2. The topic or the theme of the research problem that will be under investigation.
3. The time frame when the research will be performed.
4. The location of the conduction of the research.
5. The target audience from whom the data will be gathered and will be the influence in the research.
Defining the problem is the first step in any research. Until and unless you define the problem you won’t be able to proceed further. The problem is the one that instigated the future research.
Problem Statement vs Purpose Statement
A problemStatement is basically defining the issue that is your area of concern. It is the ‘What’ area that you focus on when you state the problem statement templates in pdf.
Whereas Purpose Statement is stating the reason for choosing the problem and the outcome you want to get by defining the problem and conducting the research to find the answer. In this section or the statement, you need to specify why you have chosen to work on this.
What are the Types of Research Question?
There are basically three types of Research Questions namely Descriptive, Comparative and Causal.
1. Descriptive Research Questions are those that researchers use to describe anything. The aim of this type of question is to describe public opinion and why a certain thing exists in a certain way. Usually, questions like ‘What are’, ‘How much’, and ‘What amount’ comes under this category.
3. This is the third category, which is the causal research questions. This includes the study of the cause or effect. This question aims at finding out why a variable is causing a particular effect on the other variable or more variables.
5 Tips to Formulate a Research Problem
1. Specifying the Research Objective:
1. This will help in the evaluation of the research problem that you have proposed. The objectives will be the guide or answer to the problem or the question that you have mentioned.
2. The Context of the Research Problem:
1. The reason you have chosen the stated problem or the question that you have stated should be mentioned in this section. You are required to mention the background for choosing the problem.
3. The Nature of the Problem:
1. The nature of the problem depends on the number of variables that are associated with the research. You need to analyze the complexity of the problem or how easy is it to research.
4. The Variable Relationships:
1. Determine the relationship between the variables that are associated with the problem. You will have to mention how these variables will affect the solution of the research problem
5. Usage of Alternative Couse of Action:
1. There are always consequences of choosing a course of action in a research study. There is always the scope of choosing alternative courses in the research study.