Every strategic mind to enter the workforce has internalized the principle of planning from start to finish. It’s not enough to plan well and prepare adequately for a successful takeoff and sustainable development from that point on. You also need to have what is called an exit strategy. An exit strategy has different meaning in different contexts, some very specific. In dog training, for example, the exit strategy is merely the tactic of teaching dogs to use kennels. In manufacturing, there is the vendor exit strategy. In the wider business world, an exit strategy would entail even more scenarios: an exit strategy could be your succession plan, your product phase-out and a new product phase-in, or even the selling of the company after you have reached a certain profit point.
This is a collection of documents detailing each of these kinds of exit strategies. If you’re looking for a strategy template, you would be wise to check out these free examples before proceeding.
Small Business Exit Strategy Template
Sample Exit Strategy Template
Product Exit Strategy Template
Vendor Exit Strategy Template
Free Exit Strategy Template
The Different Exit Strategies
Depending on your line of work, you may have one particular exit strategy, or you may have many kinds of such strategies for different contexts and at different times.
Here are some of the more notable examples of exit strategies that you can pick and choose from. They will help you pick up the approach and purpose of such strategies.
- Product Exit Strategy Template – this research document reports on how companies strategize the entrance and exit of a product, managing their supply chains by focusing on the life cycle of each product. Read this to help plan your own supply chain strategies.
- Vendor Exit Strategy Template – this document gives you a how-to guide on parting ways with an outsourced vendor either prior to or at the end of a contractual term.
- Free Exit Strategy Template – this will help you be more strategic about the timing of your business decisions in step with the market waves and fluxes.
- Company Exit Strategy Template – this will instruct private companies on the process of selling the company, preparing for the deal, and what lies beyond.
- Community Exit Strategy Template – this is another research document that investigates the effectiveness of exit strategies developed by grant holders, identifying the key success factors of these strategies.
- Small Business Exit Strategy Template – this document is an initiative of an inclusion group seeking to educate small businesses (especially vendors) in starting well and ending well.
- Sample Exit Strategy Template – this is the training manual for dog handlers to enter and exit a dog kennel safely and to train the dogs to behave during the procedure.
With the principles you glean from these free documents, you should be able to confidently start thinking more clearly about your Training Strategy for your successors, or just your Business Strategy in general.
Company Exit Strategy Template
Business Exit Strategy Template
Community Exit Strategy Template
Lease Exit Strategy Template
Basic Exit Strategy Template
Bonus Strategy Template
When people think of strategy, they tend to focus only on the beginning and continuing management stages. This collection will help you on the ending phase. But there is another overlooked phase during the development cycle: testing. If you are in the business of manufacturing any product that undergoes several test rounds, don’t proceed any further until you have a Test Strategy locked down.