If you’re dealing with history, stories in different chapters, or information within a specific order, it could be difficult to disseminate by simply putting it into writing. A breakdown of complex information can be simplified by a linear structure, which is referred to as a timeline.
A vertical timeline is a timeline mainly composed of dates and corresponding information of events. To create a timeline chart means to produce a guide for better reader comprehension on any subject matter. An office timeline can serve the same purpose for as long the timeline is able to communicate office related information.
Vertical Blank Timeline Template
Responsive Vertical Timeline
Uses of Vertical Timelines
Vertical timelines can adapt to any information. It is for this reason that such type of timeline is considered to have a lot of uses. Even a vertical timeline template is created to make it convenient for whenever it is needed.
Here are some more uses of vertical timelines:
- Flowchart – Vertical timelines are commonly used to create flow charts with a linear structure. Vertical timelines could relay information of step-by-step processes and other information that are best simplified if reflected in a flowchart.
- Storytelling – Through vertical timelines, a story can be divided into parts in order to identify and narrate a certain plot well.
- History Tracking – History entails a lot of dates and corresponding events. These variables are perfect in vertical timelines since a proper order is manifested once information is in place. Tracking history is absolutely convenient in such type of timeline.
- Milestone Highlights – Different milestones in various endeavors can be achieved from time to time. Even if one starts working on a blank timeline template, a vertical timeline is gradually developed once the number of significant milestones increase.
Simple Vertical Timeline
Vertical Timeline Example
Free Vertical Timeline
How to Create a Vertical Timeline
A vertical timeline is easy to create even if you have not yet identified a purpose for it. It makes no difference to create a timeline template in Word or in any other file format. Its structure is more or less the same.
Here are steps on how to create a vertical timeline:
- Timeline Plan – The initial step to take is to plan everything from the timeline structure to its possible content. The planning phase basically includes the purpose for creating the vertical timeline. Should you determine a purpose centered on tracking every calendar date, calendar timeline templates would help you a lot.
- Title – Any given title for a vertical timeline is a reiteration and identification for its purpose. Provide a comprehensive yet simple title to give a hint on what you’re creating.
- Descriptive Introduction – A sentence or two is enough to write a brief description regarding what should embody the vertical timeline. An introduction may be anything as long as it is able to connect to the purpose of the timeline.
- Details – Dates and events in particular are essential in a timeline. However, other details may also be asked since vertical timelines are of flexible use.
Note how the vertical timeline templates are easy to use. All you have to do is choose the right one and plot the appropriate information no matter which template it is you choose.