Figuring out the perfect and dashing birthday party? Searching for party invitation templates that match your personality? We’ve got you covered. We have here in store for you free printable birthday party invitation ideas, designs, and templates that you’ll surely love and enjoy. You may also see invitation designs.
Planning out a birthday either for children or adults is not an easy task. You have to take into account the personality type and interests of the celebrant. Kids are interested in magic, clowns, and costumes; while adults are more in music, drinks, and dancing. Checkout our templates and see for yourself the birthday invitation ideas and suggestions on our archives to come up with the best invitation templates.
Free Birthday Invitation in PDF
Free 50th Birthday Invitation
Printable Birthday Invitation in PDF
Printable Frozen Birthday Invitation
Minecraft Birthday Invitation in PDF
Printable Minecraft Birthday Invitation
Frozen Birthday Invitation in PDF
Personalized Frozen Birthday Invitation
Frozen Disney Birthday Invitation
Historical Beginnings of Invitations
Before delving into the dynamics of birthday parties, it is imperative that to know the basics and fundamental foundations of an invitation. In order to craft a one of a kind and on point invitation, you must understand how it came to be. Here are some key events that made invitations what they are today:
- Invitations were evident during the 18th century. They were mostly used by the aristocracy in England and France. Only the wealthy and prominent families used them in order to invite their friends for social events and gatherings. Kings, queens, dukes, and lords were the ones who usually threw parties and balls.
- Invitations during the early times were handwritten. They were written by the wife to invite her and her husband friends who belong to a high society group.
- Calligraphy was very evident during these times. It was the standard penmanship in terms of writing letters and invitations. If you’re looking for calligraphy letters to guide you, we also have some amazing samples in store for you.
- In terms of wordings, there were similarities with the modern-day invitation. The difference lies on the way they were made because everything is spelled out and written manually.
- The invitation was sealed using a wax seal containing the crest of the of the family who sent the invitation. They were also sent via horse-drawn carriages or other manual ways unlike today.
Nowadays, electronic invitations are now a trend. There is no need to manually make everything. There are even software that generates a customized and ready-made invitation. Also, anyone can use them regardless of socioeconomic status. Hence, sending electronic invitation templates is a stress- and hassle-free method of inviting your guests over for your celebration.
In the modern times, individuals are more conscious with the time and how they can manage and spend it wisely. Manually written invitations are mostly avoided because they can be time consuming. That is why our templates can truly help you with your endeavors.
An invitation letter is mostly written to invite someone for a particular event or any social gathering. In terms of crafting an invitation letter, you have to take into account the nature of such celebration. Is it for a business gathering? Is it a personal one?
- Business invitation. In terms of business invitations, you are required to use a professional and formal format and tone. It is formal because you are addressing them to your clients or business associates.
- Personalized or friendly invitation. In contrast to business invitations, you can use an informal tone in terms of language and design. Invitations for parties such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, engagements, baptisms, and many more belong to this category. No one is stopping you from channeling your creativity and artistry.
There is also a customary code of polite behavior followed in terms of sending invitations. Such practices are laid out, not just for your benefit but also for the convenience of your guests. At the end of the day, you must ensure that it will not be a hassle on their part. Here are some practices that you may consider:
- If you’re sending invitations, it is advisable to send them as early as possible. Before 3 to 4 days of an event, you can even send the electronic copy of your invitation to serve as a reminder. Later on, you can also give the hard copy one.
- Always ensure to right the correct name and spelling of the invitee in the card. For instance, the party is made for adults or for a limited age bracket, you can specify that in your invitation so that the invitees’ actions will be guided.
- Think carefully when applying humor. It must not be too offensive taking into account that your invitee may have a different culture.
These are just some invitation features and practices that you may consider in crafting your own birthday party invitation. They will help you make sound decisions. To further guide you, we also have examples of birthday invitation templates that you can check out and download. They are also of great quality and content.
Minnie Mouse Birthday Invitation in PDF
Minnie Mouse 1st Birthday Invitation
60th Birthday Invitation in PDF
Surprise 60th Birthday Invitation
60th Birthday Party Invitation
1st Birthday Invitation in PDF
Types of Birthday Parties
There is no perfect manual that can guide you in planning a birthday party. It is subjective in nature. A birthday is a celebration of life and love. It is a time for recalling ones journey that molded you in becoming the person you are now.
In line with this, our birthday party must show our personality. Party organizers must take into account the interests and personal preferences of the celebrant because in the end of the day the party aims to celebrate his or her existence. Here are some basic types of birthday parties based on the personality of the celebrant:
- Artistic. If the celebrant is an artist by heart who loves to channel his or her creativity and artistic inclinations, you can pull off a talent-based birthday party. In this kind of party the celebrant will also show off his or her artistic skills together with the participation of his friends and families.
- Athletic. If the celebrant is more into sports or a sport fan, you can also adopt a party that has a sports inspired theme. You can even make the party as a game in itself. You can have sports trivia or conduct outdoor games wherein the celebrant can play and enjoy with his friends. If the celebrant is into baseball, we also have baseball party invitations you could check out.
- Party lover. If the celebrant is a party lover who loves the enjoy in bars and clubs, you can also pull off a party that has the element of a bar or club. You can hire either a DJ or a band. If you’re looking for disco party flyers, we also have templates for you.
- Children’s party. If the celebrant is a child or an adult who loves to channel their inner child, you can also pull off a magical children’s party. You can hire a clown or a magician to make it more interesting. Frozen-themed parties are becoming a trend nowadays. You can also checkout these Frozen party invitations to channel your love for Elsa and Anna.
These are just some personality types you could derive from for your birthday parties. There are still a lot of personality types out there. It is always great to make the personality of the celebrant shine not just on the party theme but also on the invitation itself.
Candles and Cakes
Birthday cakes and candles makes the celebration more meaningful. Cakes and candles are also a favorite design element among invitation cards. They are universally accepted as part and parcel of a birthday celebration. Here are some points to remember about them:
- Historically and based on research, the first actual birthday cake was made in Germany during the Middle Ages. The Germans refer to their children birthday parties as Kinderfest.
- The putting of candle on top of a cake makes the cake a birthday cake. The two of them complement each other in serving a particular purpose.
- The candle symbolizes light, the light that gives life and guidance to the celebrant’s journey in this world.
- Most of the time, the number of candles put on top of the cake also represents the age of the celebrant. However, as the celebrant grows older, the number of candles is not really material.
At the end of the day, it is not about the candles and cakes become more meaningful if the family, friends, and loved ones of the celebrant are there to celebrate the party with the latter. The gift of life and love is indeed a blessing, not just for the celebrant but also for his or her guests and invitees.
Birthday Party Invitation in PDF
Printable Birthday Party Invitation
Emoji Birthday Party Invitation
21st Birthday Invitation in PDF
21st Birthday Party Invitation
21st Birthday Invitation Card
30th Surprise Birthday Invitation
Surprise Birthday Party Invitation
Birthday Invitation Letter in PDF
Children Birthday Party Ideas
Aside from the personality of the celebrant, the party organizer must also take into account the age of the former. As what you can see from our templates, we’ve provided a variety of birthday invitation templates for children. Here are some other ideas and suggestions:
- Carnival party ideas. This type of party can be very interesting for kids. They will love the free-spirited nature and vibrant colors of carnivals. The kids can dress up as clowns and other circus characters. You can also serve popcorn and cotton candies in order to live up to the carnival life. You can also incorporate carnival games and activities such as hoops. If you’re looking for more carnival party invitations, we also have designs for you.
- Beach party ideas. Almost all of us love the refreshing breeze the beach provides us. Kids and adults will truly enjoy a beach party. There are a lot of activities that you can conduct in the beach. The kids can also build up sandcastles and gather shells. In line with this, you can also check out these beach party invitations
- Barbie party ideas. Children specifically girls will truly love this theme. The guests can even bring their own barbies for them to enjoy and play together. Barbies are truly all time favorites.
- Pirates party ideas. Children will also enjoy a pirate themed party. The guests can dress up as pirates. You can also prepare pirate games and even conduct a treasure hunt.
These are just some party themes and ideas that are perfect for children parties. These ideas will definitely make your feel special and thankful on his or her birthday.
Different Types of Invitations
After coming up with a theme, you will need to decide on how you are going to craft your invitation. Do you prefer to make them manually or electronically?
- Handwritten. There are still parties that opt to use this type of invitation. They are mostly applied in small and intimate social gatherings and affairs. They are excellent if the guests are not that numerous in number giving you more time to make them. Handwritten invitations are mostly characterized by pretty pieces of stationery or plain white paper. Some people even insert a quotation or inspirational statement from their favorite authors.
- Electronic. These type of invitations are mostly used when you have a lot of guests. You can save time, resources, and energy. They are also helpful if time is not a luxury and you are planning a last-minute party.
These are two types of invitations that you can choose from in terms of how you are going to draft them. For further details, you can also check out these sample invitation formats to help you get started.
Downloadable Birthday Invitation Templates
There are indeed a lot of factors to consider in creating and designing birthday invitations. If you need a little push of inspiration in designing your invites, then you can simply download our templates. To do this, follow the simple steps below:
- Discern and scroll through the page. Template.net offers a variety of templates for you. You can simply scroll down and check out the list of templates. While scrolling down, there are also bits of relevant information and facts that are relevant and can add to your knowledge about birthday invitations.
- Click on the green Download button in order to start downloading your chosen template.
Feel free to check out our templates and enjoy your stay here at Template.net!