There are some special occasions which we especially like to share with others, be it with friends, family members, or colleagues at work or school. One way to do this is to hold parties and gatherings where you can share your happiness with others. You may also see invitation designs.
One of the most common types of a gathering is the dinner event, which can either be formal or informal, depending on the different types of elements incorporated to the experience such as the kind of meals, drinks, and entertainment. There may different types of events, but one common thing about them is you need to send a dinner invitation in order to bring your guests together. So here at Template.net, we have gathered some Dinner Invitation Designs that you can download and use.
Formal Dinner Invitation Template
Formal Business Dinner Invitation Template
Work Dinner Invitation Template
Corporate Christmas Dinner Invitation Template
Formal Dinner Party Invitation Template
Annual Dinner Invitation Template
Employee Appreciation Dinner Invitation Template
Holiday Dinner Invitation Template
Team Dinner Party Invitation Template
Corporate Dinner Party Invitation Template
Farewell Dinner Invitation Template
Business Dinner Invitation Template
Team Dinner Invitation Template
Appreciation Dinner Invitation
They create a venue for friends to catch up and bond together as well as for family members to mix, mingle, and know each other. It is said that when you involve others on your celebration, your delight will be doubled.
Formal Dinner Invitation Template
Fancy Dinner Invitation Template
Free Rehearsal Dinner Invitation to Edit
Gala Dinner Night Invitation Template
Sample Dinner Invitation Template
Free Sample Company Dinner Invitation Template
Free Floral Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Template
Company Dinner Night Invitation Template
Rehearsal Dinner Party Invitation Template
Free Wedding Dinner Party Invitation Template
Free Dinner Party Invitation Template
Formal Dinner Invitation Designs
Formal Business Dinner Invitation
Formal Dinner Party Invitation
Sample Formal Dinner Invitation
Dinner Invitation Card Designs
Annual Dinner Invitation Card
Wedding Dinner Invitation Card
Farewell Dinner Invitation Card
Free Dinner Invitation Designs
Free Dinner Invitation Card
Free Dinner Party Invitation
Free Formal Dinner Invitation
Annual Dinner Invitation Designs
Annual Dinner Invitation Card
Free Annual Dinner Invitation
Annual Dinner Party Invitation
Business Dinner Invitation Designs
Sample Business Dinner Invitation
Types of Dinner Events
Before you start designing or choosing you dinner invitations, it i just necessary that you understand the different types of social events that can be held at night in order to design on the right design for your invitations.
- Weddings. Perhaps one of the most common celebration that happens at least once in the life of everyone, wedding celebrations are most of the time wedding dinners, but they can be done at any time of the day where the newlywed couple share their first evening together with friends and families.
- Family events. Family events include reunions, birthdays, and anniversaries, which can be more personal and less ceremonial. These events are more casual as it should be a venue for family members to reconnect with long-lost relatives and for friends to give their beloved birthday celebrant well-wishes for the future.
- Rites of passages. People of different culture around the world celebrate various rites of passages which are events based on the attainment of a particular age or stage in a person’s lifetime. They include baptisms, bar and bat mitzvahs, confirmations, debutante balls, graduations, retirement parties, and even funerals.
- Cocktail parties. Cocktail parties were popular during the 19th and 20th centuries but they are making a comeback. They allow you to host and entertain a large group of people without having a formal sit-down dinner. This type of event are usually held at the host’s home or a rented venue for a more formal affair.
- Business dinners. These events are usually formal gatherings which are organized by a company or organization to celebrate achievements and to boost employee and member morale. Business Dinners can also be held during board meetings or company training, depending on how they are structured.
- Intimate dinners. Intimate dinners are smaller events which involves a few members whether friends, family members, or a significant other. They are usually held for events such as wedding proposals, engagement announcement, or they could be just a family holiday gathering.
Dinner Party Invitation Designs
Sample Dinner Party Invitation
Birthday Dinner Party Invitation
Dinner Party Invitation Card
Dinner Invitation Letter Designs
Formal Dinner Invitation Letter
Business Dinner Invitation Letter
Farewell Dinner Invitation Letter
Farewell Dinner Invitation Designs
Corporate Farewell Dinner Invitation
Retirement Farewell Dinner Invitation
Employee Farewell Dinner Invitation
Retirement Dinner Invitation Designs
Free Retirement Dinner Invitation
Retirement Dinner Party Invitation
Retirement Dinner Invitation Card
Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Designs
Free Rehearsal Dinner Invitation
Rehearsal Dinner Invitation
Sample Rehearsal Dinner Invitation
Types of Dinner Services
The different types of dinner services available can also be a factor to consider when designing or choosing your dinner invitations. Below is a list of dinner services you can choose for your dinner events.
- Reception Service. This is the type of service where light foods are displayed and served on a table buffet-style. This is great for events where guests do not sit down to eat. They usually stand and serve themselves with food that do not use a knife or is easy to eat while standing.
- Buffet Service. This type of dinner service is where food is arranged on tables and guests usually move along a buffet line and serve themselves. After their plates are filled, they take them to a dining table to eat while servers usually provide drinks at the table side.
- Action Stations. This is similar to buffet service but chefs prepare and serve food at the buffet rather than in the kitchen. These stations usually include wok stations, mashed potato bars, fajitas, pastas, grilled meats, omelets, crepes, sushi, flaming desserts and spinning salad bowls.
- Plated Service. With the plated service, guests are seated and food is pre-plated in the kitchen, arranged on plates and served by servers. Food is served form the left while beverages are served from the right. This service is usually used in formal or fancy dining events.
- Preset Service. This type of service is most common and ideal for family gatherings or dinners with only a few guests. The food is already on the table and served in large platter or bowls by servers or the host. Guests help themselves with the food or pass them to each other.
- Hand service. This is a type of service where one server is designated for every two guests and sometimes, all the guests on the tables are served precisely at the same time. The food are pre-plated and served with a dome cover. This service is used in intimate fine dining events.
Check out other Dinner Party Invitations on this site for every type of dinner events and services. For more creative ideas, you can also take a look at our other compilation of dinner invitations such as our Black-and-White Party Invitations.
Email Dinner Invitation Designs
Formal Email Dinner Invitation
Thank You Email Dinner Invitation
Professional Email Dinner Invitation
Professional Dinner Invitation Designs
Professional Dinner Invitation Letter
Professional Dinner Invitation Sample
Wedding Dinner Invitation Designs
Post Wedding Dinner Invitation
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Invitation
Team Dinner Invitation Designs
Office Team Dinner Invitation
Corporate Team Dinner Invitation
Team Dinner Party Invitation
Corporate Dinner Invitation Designs
Sample Corporate Dinner Invitation
Formal Corporate Dinner Invitation
Conference Dinner Invite Design Template
Business Dinner Party Invitation
Professional Business Dinner Invitation
Business Corporate Dinner Invitation
Things You Should Include in Your Invitations
Whether you planning a formal or a casual dinner event, there are some basic details that you should not forget to include in your invitations. Just like all Sample Invitation Card Templates on our website, you can edit these details according to your specifications and needs.
- Type. A dinner event can be formal or casual, so you should indicate that on the invitation as well as the specific type of event based on what kind of occasion is being celebrated or why the gathering is being held. In this way, guests would know how to prepare for it.
- Formality. The kind of invitation that you should prepare, alongside other factors, should be based on the level of formality of the event. Formal dinners require elegant letters while less posh parties and casual ones may only require a memo or email in the least.
- Details. Important details such as the date, time, location and basic agenda should be prominently stipulated in the invitation. People usually look for these things when they receive invitations, so you have to make them clear to avoid misinformation and miscommunication.
- Honoree. Dinner events can be held as birthday or retirement celebrations, so the name of the person n which the event is held for should also be indicated in the invitation, although not necessary. Through this, guests will know whether to bring a gift for the special person.
- Dress codes. In your invitation, you should also indicate whether a guest can bring another guest or not. A formal dinner requires a formal dress code, so make sure to inform guests as not to make them out of place; while it is expected for casual dinners to wear everyday clothes.
- Specifics. If you need your guest to bring something specific, like a certain kind of dish or drink, it should be indicated on the invitation. If you’re having a themed dinner party, indicate what type of attire should guests wear in accordance to the theme of the occasion.
- Schedule. Most of the time, you would want to give your guests enough time to prepare for the special occasion and make sure they are able to clear their schedules so they are free to attend. So, you make sure your invitations are sent at least 4 weeks before the dinner event.
The type of invitation you send your guests says a lot about your personality and style. Although invitations seems pretty useless after the event, beautiful and creative cards do not seem to have this dilemma. Most of the time, guests hold on to them for a while and even end up keeping them for good, as they are used as souvenirs or sources of inspiration for the next event that they are going to host.
Therefore, make sure you choose the perfect invitation design that is right for the type of event and dinner services your guests will expect on that night. You can also give out invitation in different formats like Invitation Flyers and Invitation Cards.