When it comes to organizing a funeral service, it is important to make it as convenient for the bereaved family as possible. After all, they are still dealing with the loss of a loved one and the stress of planning such an event may not be as helpful. This is where printable funeral invitation card templates come in.
In this article, we will teach you what funeral invitation templates are and how to use them. We will also show you examples of different invitation card designs that can be used for whatever kind of funeral ceremony you and the grieving party wishes to have.
A funeral invitation card works just like any kind of invitation card. The only difference is that this type of invitation is sent out to family, friends, and colleagues when someone dies and is about to be buried or cremated. Therefore, this somber event does not really need flashy invitation cards. Despite this, funeral event planners still need to create appropriately designed invitations as a way to respect the departed person and his or her family.
In the list below, we have listed the five elements or essential features that should be found in a proper funeral invitation card. Find out what these are so that you can apply them into your own invitation card designs.
1. Appropriate Color Scheme: When it comes to creating an invitation card for a funeral service, it is important to choose an appropriate color scheme for the card design. Muted colors like teal, greys, and dark browns may work well as they help evoke a somber feeling for the event. Do away with invitation cards that use too much color unless it was the explicit wish of the deceased and family members to use these vibrant color scheme.
2. Photo of the Deceased Person: Another useful element that should be present in a funeral invitation card template is a photo of the deceased. In a way, funeral invitation cards may also act as a memorial for the person who passed away so it makes sense to include his or her image. When incorporating a photo on a funeral invitation card design, make sure that you use a high-quality and flattering photo.
3. Typography: The typography used in a funeral invitation card is another important element that should be embodied in any invitation design. Choose an invitation template design or create a template design that incorporates three different typefaces at most. Any text or paragraphs should be formatted well to make them easily scannable and more readable.
4. Suitable Invitation Wording: The meat of any invitation is the invitation wording. When creating a funeral invitation card, make sure that you add invitation wording that is appropriate for the event. This means not using any casual language. Instead, use standard polite phrases that will make a more serious read.
5. Visual Hierarchy: The last design element that a funeral ceremony invitation should possess is a good visual hierarchy. This means that all the design and text elements used in the invitation are arranged according to the level of emphasis you want for each of them. To illustrate, if you want to show off the photo of the deceased and the date of the funeral, you need to make these elements appear slightly bigger on the invitation card template. Learn more about visual hierarchy and how you can apply them to any graphic design project.
That ends this short list of the top elements of a good funeral invitation card design. Study these elements until you can figure out how to apply them all into your own invitation card designs.
Take a look at the ten examples of printable funeral invitation card templates below. Each template is available in various file formats from PSD, AI, DOC, InDesign, PUB, and Mac Pages. Make sure that you have a compatible graphic design software installed on your computer before attempting to open and edit any card template.
Interested in creating funeral invitation cards for a loved one’s recent passing? If yes, read the next few paragraphs as we have created a step-by-step guide on creating proper funeral invitation cards.
1. Decide on what kind of funeral event will be held: There are Catholic funeral services that will need Catholic funeral invitation cards and Catholic funeral programs. There can also be funeral luncheon events that will need funeral luncheon invitation cards. Consult with the rest of your family and close friends on what type of event you want before proceeding to the creation of the actual invitation cards.
2. Choose an invitation card color scheme: As we have recommended earlier, choose a somber or neutral color scheme unless the deceased requested for a specific color to be used during his or her wake and interment events.
3. Pick a card layout design: Next, it is time to decide on a layout design. Choose one that is formal, less cluttered, and easy to read.
4. Choose typefaces: After that, it is time to choose up to three different typefaces and use font styles that belong to the same typeface family. This will help make the funeral event invitation card appear more readable and organized.
5. Write down all the funeral details on a separate sheet of paper or save on a NotePad: Do not forget to take down all the details of the funeral that will need to be included in the invitation card. If you are making handmade funeral invitations, you may write down the details on a piece of paper. But if you are editing a printable template, type and save the details on a NotePad or Word document.
6. Combine all these design elements in one paper or cardstock: Then, it is now time to compile all these design elements. If you are creating a handcrafting an invitation card, it means physically putting together all these elements. And if you are using a graphic design template, it means cutting and pasting all the design elements through your computer or app.
7. Alternatively, use a pre-formatted funeral invitation card template: Another way to create death ceremony invitation cards is through the use of pre-formatted funeral invitation templates. With these pre-made templates, you do not have to create the template from scratch. All you have to do is download and customize a template before printing it out.
8. Finalize the design: After that and whatever invitation card-making method you used above, it is time to finalize the design. Check your templates for any spelling and grammar errors. Recheck if you have embedded the right images. Finalize all the changes before saving the final template file.
9. Print out the funeral invitation templates and/or recreate handmade invitation cards: Lastly, if you are using a printable template, it is not time to print out the templates according to the printing size of your preference.
You now have a funeral invitation card and you can now begin distributing it to your relatives, colleagues, and friends as a funeral announcement.
Listed below are the most important details that should be written in a funeral invitation card:
Funeral invitation cards follow the same printing size that most invitation cards follow which is 5 inches by 7 inches. Note that this is not the standard invitation card printing size and template end users may modify the paper printing size based on their preferences.
A simple funeral invitation card template is a pre-formatted digital file that combines all the text, graphics, fonts, illustrations, and layout files needed to create a printable funeral invitation card.
There is no standard format for a funeral invitation card. It follows the usual flow of a regular invitation card. The only difference is the invitation’s heading which will announce the death of a person.
Funeral invitation cards, just like other types of invitation cards, are created using graphic design and editing software programs like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Word processing software like Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Mac Pages may also be used.
Funeral services or gatherings allows those who are mourning to have a physical and dynamic outlet for their grief. It may not be a panacea for healing from any kind of permanent loss but it is a healthy start. And making sure that you plan out an appropriate funeral ceremony and service will help people heal and honor another person’s life. We hope that reading this short guide on how to create or edit printable funeral invitation card templates have helped ease the burden of this task at this point in your life.