How to Make a Freelancer Brochure?
Brochures, in general, are printed and folded reading materials that businesses and organizations use for promotional purposes. A freelancer brochure is the same, but its content focuses specifically on freelance agencies and job ads. According to data shown on Forbes, between 2014 and 2019, there has been a growth of 4 million freelancers in the US. If you have important crucial to convey about freelance jobs, why not do it through brochures? We have guidelines below to help you make one.
1. Specify the Purpose
A freelancer brochure can either be a recruitment tool to hire freelancers, or it can also be a promotional notice to interested freelancers. Which of the two are you planning to create? Be sure to identify the purpose of your brochure specifically to avoid misinforming readers.
2. Decide on a Brochure Type
Brochures come in various forms depending on how much content you’re presenting to your audience. The two most common types are the bifold and trifold brochures. There are actually other types aside from those two, and you can learn more about them in the FAQ section below.
3. Make an Attention-Grabbing Cover Page
Unlike flyers and posters that give away everything right off the bat, brochures come with a cover page before laying out the main content. This serves as the make-or-break element of the brochure. By making your cover page appealing, you’re more likely to draw public attention which is one step closer to getting the message across.
4. Keep Your Contents Arranged Neatly
For the inner panels of your brochure, don’t throw in the details without even organizing them. Start with a brief background of the company before proceeding to the features or main ideas. Make use of your brochure’s various panels to organize the content in a logical order.
5. Don’t Forget to Include a Call-to-Action
If there’s one thing that you should never forget to include in any of your marketing materials, it’s the CTA to complement your contact information. This simple element is very effective in informing readers on what to do after reading through your brochure.
What are the uses of brochures?
- To introduce people to a company or business.
- To promote products and services to an audience.
- To educate readers on certain benefits.
- To provide prospects with firsthand feedback from fellow consumers.
What are the advantages of using brochures?
- Brochures are both easy and inexpensive to make and distribute.
- Brochures are capable of holding a lot of information.
- Brochures help build the credibility of a business or organization.
What are the types of brochures?
- Bifold or half-fold brochure - This type of brochure is perfect for simple presentations.
- Trifold brochure - This is also perfect for simple presentations, but its 3 panels make segregating the content into sections much easier.
- Gatefold brochure - This type is great for presenting your content through creative designs and impressive visuals.
- Z-fold brochure - Works the same way as the trifold type, but the content is arranged differently because of how it’s folded.
How many freelancers are there in the United States?
According to Statista, there are around 64.8 million freelancers in the US in 2020. Additionally, it is expected that the number of freelancers will reach 79.6 million after 5 years.
How much are freelancers earning?
According to CNBC, freelancers earn an average salary of $28 per hour. When compared to the hourly salaries of average US employees, freelancers actually earn around 70% more.