How to Make a Sales Organizational Chart in Word
Maximizing your sales is one of your priorities when running a business. Thanks to your sales department, most of your business goals are realized. According to Chron, your sales force is responsible for why you're doing better with your business growth. Their efficiency in creating a positive corporate culture and their ability to lower your customer turnover made your business what it is today. Create an organizational chart and learn more about your team. Below are a few tips on how to make one for the sales department.
1. Define the Different Roles of Each Member
Your employees have different roles in the sales department. You have your chief sales executive, sales director, and sales manager to lead the members. Also, there are sales representatives to help in introducing your products and services to your target market. Determine the job title of every member composing the sales department.
2. Arrange Your Members According to Their Hierarchy
Arrange the position of your members in a top-down hierarchical level. Group your employees with the same position in one box and organize them by level. It's best if you even out the sizes of your boxes and fit all your data on a single page for a consistent and professional look.
3. Insert Your Member's Name, Position, and Picture
It is normal for your employees to ask who they are working with. So, why not show them through your organizational chart? Indicate the names of the members, their respective designations or positions, and their portrait photos.
4. Design and Finalize Your Organizational Chart
Give life to your organizational chart by adding a few design elements, this will even help you easily distinguish the role of your employees at a glance. And finally, review your organizational structure before submitting it to your manager for approval.
What makes a successful sales organization?
- It embraces and practices a customer-centric culture.
- It aligns their sales processes to their customer's paths.
- It provides excellent insights and perspective to their customers.
What are the different salesforce structures?
- Product salesforce structure. The responsibilities of an individual are defined by the products or product groups sold to the market.
- Market-based structure. Sales representatives are tasked to manage a particular customer or industry.
- Functional structure. The responsibilities are assigned according to everyone's function n the sales process.
What are the major types of sales organizations?
- Line sales organization
- Line and staff organization
- Functional sales organization
- Committee sales organization
What is the hierarchy in sales?
1. High-level sales staff. Chief sales executive, sales director, national sales manager, sales vice president, general manager of the sales department, regional sales manager, national sales coordinator & distributor, senior sales accountant, senior sales consultant, area sales manager, and sales administrator.
2. Middle-level sales staff. Sales branch manager, assistant sales branch manager, sales specialist, sales manager, market analyst, lead development officer, sales coordinator, and sales support.
3. Entry-level sales staff. Team leader, senior sales analyst, quality analyst, sales associate, sales representative, salesperson, and sales trainee.
What is the role of the sales team?
A sales team is responsible for the growth and success of a company. By making enough sales and subscriptions by the clients, the sales team maintains a good relationship with them, thus allowing the company to achieve its business goals in the future.