Nowadays, retreats are a popular trend in the corporate world. It is the perfect time to unwind from the stress in each other’s company without having to worry about the pile of documents on your workstation or the dreaded deadlines. Learn how to write effective meeting agenda by following these templates:
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
And since a team retreat is an enjoyable time for employees, you have to plan and organize it well to ensure that everyone is enjoying every minute of the retreat. After going over this topic, you’ll be able to know the difference between agenda vs calendar. You will also need agenda templates as well as free tips on using them not only to organize a fun activity but also build a stronger team throughout the event.
Agenda for Board Retreat
Agenda for Executive Retreat
Agenda Template for Corporate Retreat
Agenda Template for Staff Retreat
Sample Agenda for Officer Transition Retreat
Summer Retreat Agenda Template
Why Do You Need a Retreat Agenda?
You have to treat retreats like meetings. Though this is a time to recuperate from the stresses of the business world, you still need to keep organized so there are no disruptions to the flow of the activity. Without an agenda, the retreat can potentially go in flames and becomes chaotic.
And since every retreat has a specific purpose or goal, an agenda is the perfect tool you can use to accomplish the goal of the retreat: to foresee the future of the organization and to build a stronger and solid team. If you need guidance in creating the perfect agenda, take a look through our retreat agenda templates and our leadership agenda samples on our website and download whatever you think suits the purpose of your retreat.
Why Hold a Retreat Instead of a Meeting?
Why indeed? No matter how successful a meeting is, a well-implemented retreat is a great way to reinvigorate your employees and let them engage in fun activities, instead of letting them sit and listen to boring discussions all throughout the meeting.
And let’s admit it. We know that the office can be a stressful place. By taking your employees away from the office even for just a day, you let them decompress from the stress and irritability brought about by their workload.
Do yourself a favor as well. Don’t let stress come between you and the event you’re planning. Use these agenda templates in PDF, and you’ll be done in no time.
Template for Prudential Board
Template for Leadership Retreat
Agenda for Council Retreat
Retreat Meeting Agenda Template
Retreat Planning Agenda Template
Planning a Successful Team Building Retreat
A retreat is an opportunity for you and the members of an organization to step away from the day-to-day stress. It is the best time to exhale and consider your work goals and the future of the organization outside the office. To make the retreat a huge success for everyone, below are the key planning factors to consider:
- Understand the purpose of the retreat. Everything else follows when you know why you are holding a retreat. Be sure to list down all the things you want to accomplish with your team. If you have a lot of things in your mind, choose the ones that are the most critical.
- Determine retreat goals. Next in line is to identify which outcomes you desired to accomplish. Determine what value you want to impart to your staff member and the change you want to happen. These are outlined in any free agenda template.
- Location of the retreat. Since the office is probably the most boring place on earth to hold your retreat, why not hold the retreat someplace else? Depending on your budget, you can have an outdoor or indoor retreat for your staff members.
- Schedule. Most retreats can run from one to five days, including the travel time, of course. If you opt for long retreats, make sure to determine which workdays to sacrifice.
- Business agenda. It is vital to determine the topics you want to cover, the people who will present it, the interaction of each group and the preparation required.
- Social activities. Fun and engaging activities can take away the boredom of the retreat. When choosing which social activities to include, make sure that it invest in thought, consideration, and effort in staff members.
You may also want to look through our agenda planner templates and our nonprofit agenda templates on our website if you’re tasked to organize your team retreat.