A payroll calendar is a specific calendar that provides an enumeration of all the fiscal and payroll dates. Depending on the employers, they can also include a list of holidays within the year. This type of calendar is crucial in upholding a sound and transparent employer- employee relationship. It serves as a guide and reference for both the employers and employees to guarantee that former complied with all the legal payroll requirements.
In connection with this, on this list are 7+ payroll calendar templates and samples that you use, customize, and refer to. Other than these templates, we also have payroll tax calendar templates for you.
15+ Payroll Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple Numbers, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Yearly Payroll Calendar Template
Kinds of Payroll Calendar Templates
Generally, the format and style of a payroll calendar vary depending on the preferences of the company and the governing labor and taxation laws in a certain country. It is advisable that you consult and ask first from your legal team about some other technicalities. As a reference, you can refer to our set of templates:
- Yearly Payroll Template – For some employers, using a yearly payroll calendar is easier than the other frequencies. You can provide your employees with a comprehensive and detailed list of critical dates. As you can see critical dates are highlighted and emphasized using specific colors such as the dates for the payday. In addition to that, you can also provide a legend in your document with the corresponding contact details of the assigned human resource officers.
- Holiday Calendar Template – Aside from the pay dates, employees are also interested with the list of holidays in a certain year. By providing your employees with this calendar, you’ve provided them with ample time to arrange some vacation plans which is also pre-requisite for a healthy work environment.
Aside from our yearly payroll templates, we also have biweekly and monthly payroll calendar templates. Other than this, you can also check out our Excel Calendar Schedule Template and Office Calendar Templates.
How to Use a Payroll Calendar Effectively?
One of the common causes of employment resignation is the existence of an unstructured and inefficient payroll mechanism. The management must be keen and diligent in dealing with it because employees exerting their best efforts to comply with their obligations. And in return, a delayed and inefficient payroll system can be very disappointing on their ends. In line with this, here are some strategies and tips that you may refer to:
- Establish a coherent documentation procedures. For human resource officers, they must be keen in recording every details and updates concerning payroll.
- Make your calendar payroll accessible. To be effective, a payroll calendar must be evident and accessible by employees. To prevent misleading comments and confusions, adopt an accessible and transparent payroll calendar.
- Do not overdo the designs. Avoid using design elements that are too fancy and artistic. Choose a design that is perfectly balanced so that it will not overshadow the content of the payroll calendar.
These are some basic points that you may refer to in establishing and maintaining your payroll calendar. For more calendar templates, you can also access our Printable Weekly Calendar Templates.