10+ Itinerary Templates in Google Docs
Let’s say that you and your co-workers are required to go on a business trip and that you are in charge of making sure that everyone gets where they need to be on time. You are going to need a plan that will help ensure that everyone stays on track with the schedule.
This is where an itinerary will definitely come in handy as it guarantees that everyone is at the right at right time. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to properly create one.
Elements of an Itinerary
Should the time come where you have to create an itinerary, you will need to make sure that you are able to include all of the basic elements. Without them, then the itinerary will not be able to do what it is supposed to: make sure that everyone stays on track with the planned out schedule.
So to make sure that it’s actually able to do that, here are the basic elements that every good itinerary will need:
1. Title: If you are going to make an itinerary, then it is best that you come up with a title. The reason for its existence is to simply notify you or anyone else who happens to read it about the purpose of the document. You have to make sure that the title is directly related to that purpose. For example, an itinerary made specifically for simple business travels should have a title like “Business Travel Itinerary” or anything similar.
2. Names: People who will be a part of the trip must have their names included in the document. Be sure to include their first names, last names, and middle initials to guarantee that you know exactly who is a part of the plan.
3. Time and Date: An itinerary is basically a schedule that lets people know where they have to be at what day and time. This obviously means that you are going to have to put in the exact date and time into the document to let people know when they have to be at a certain place.
4. Location Details: If you want to make sure that the people involved in the trip know where they have to go, then you are going to have to provide them the information. Be sure to put in an accurate description of the area that they are supposed to be in.
5. Amount Paid: People who take part in company trips usually have a set amount that they have to pay. The itinerary should be able to keep track of the actual amount that each individual has paid as that can affect things such as the destinations they are allowed to go to.
10+ Itinerary Templates in Google Docs
Sample Itinerary Template
Holiday Itinerary Template
Blank Travel Itinerary Template
Road Trip Itinerary Template
Vacation Itinerary Template
Free Travel Itinerary Template
Simple Business Travel Itinerary Template
Free Executive Travel Itinerary
Free Business Trip Itinerary Template
Sample Business Travel Itinerary Template
How to Make an Itinerary in Google Doc
Now that you know exactly what an itinerary should consist of, the next thing to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. Although making an itinerary may not be difficult, you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. You have to ensure that it presents all the information in a way that is easy for anyone to understand.
So to guarantee that it does just that, here are the step that will allow you to come up with a proper itinerary:
1. Open Google Docs: One of the easiest ways of making an itinerary is via Google Docs as the process is relatively fast and easy. The first thing that you are going to need this is a Gmail account. So if you already do not have one, then it is best for you to make it as soon as possible. Once you have managed to do that, be sure to do the following;
- Access your Gmail and navigate your way to the “Drive” option and click it.
- You will then be directed to a new tab where you will then click on “New”.
- Select “Google Docs” and decide whether you’ll start from a blank document or if you would like to use a template.
- Proceed to create your itinerary.
Again, the process of creating the document is short and simple. You can even use this method to create documents other than an itinerary as well.
2. Create Your Itinerary: Again, you can choose if you would like to use a template or a blank document when it comes to making an itinerary. Using a template is faster as all you have to do is to replace the dummy text with whatever you please. However, if you want to include more options or if you wish for your itinerary to have a more unique look, then it’s best that you start from scratch. Should you do so, the make sure that you do the following:
- Know who is a part of the plan: You want to make sure that you are able to take everyone into account when it comes to making your plan. Gather all of the names of those that are involved to ensure that you are able to list every single one of them down.
- Create a table: If you want to organize everything from the time, place, and location, then you’ll need a table in your itinerary. There are options that you can choose from in Google Docs and all you have to do is to go with the one that you and the others will be comfortable with.
- Format everything well: Make sure that you are able to format your itinerary well as you want to guarantee that everyone who has a copy is able to easily understand what is in it. So what you are going to have to do is to look into what font and font size you are going to use, as well as how you should go about in arranging all of the information within the document.
Tips for Making an Itinerary
- Know the plan ahead: Before you even begin making your itinerary, you have to make sure that you already know what should be inside it. By knowing exactly how everything should go well ahead of time, you can guarantee that you will be able to come up with a proper, scheduled plan that everyone can get on board with.
- Check for any mistakes: Before you finalize your itinerary, it is best that you do a double-check. You want to make sure that you put in everything that you need to and that the document does not have anything that’s missing. This can help you avoid issues such as not being able to accommodate someone who is originally a part of the plan or missing a flight before the trip. Be sure to do a thorough check to avoid these sort of problems altogether.
Types of Itinerary
Now that you know what should be in an itinerary and how to make one, the next thing to learn would be the different types that you can make. Take note that each of them are made for different purposes. By knowing exactly what those are, you can figure out what you have to make that fits with the trip that you are about to take. So knowing that, here are a few examples
- Holiday Itinerary
- Road Trip Itinerary
- Vacation Itinerary
- Business Trip Travel Itinerary
- International Business Trip Itinerary
- Professional Business Travel Itinerary
Should you wish to make other types of itinerary or if you would like to make other types of documents, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to acquire all of the information you need.
How do I make sure that everyone has a copy of the itinerary?
The easiest way of ensuring that everyone has a copy of it is to have them download it to their mobile devices. Due to today’s advancement in technology, people can easily access their itineraries wherever and whenever they please. Just make sure to point out where they can get a copy or you can provide it to them yourself.
Is there an easy way to make an itinerary?
Yes. Again, all you have to do is to make use of a template. Aside from using Google Docs to make one, you can use programs such as Microsoft Word and use that to access specific templates. Just make sure that you know what format you want it in so that you can download the right template for it.
Again, making an itinerary may not be difficult, but you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. So long as you are able to make the most out of the information presented in this article, then you shouldn’t have to worry about being able to properly create one.