Let’s say that you and your co-workers are required to go on a business trip and that you are in charge of making sure that everyone gets where they need to be on time. You are going to need a plan that will help ensure that everyone stays on track with the schedule.
15+ Itinerary Templates in Google Docs
Itinerary Planner Template
Trip Itinerary Template
Vacation Itinerary Planner Template
This is where an simple itinerary checklist template will definitely come in handy as it guarantees that everyone is at the right at right time. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to properly create one.
Travel Itinerary Template
Meeting Itinerary Template
Sample Itinerary Template
Here’s a ready-made template for you to use for your travels. It consists of information related to departure, lodging, meeting time, locations, and so on. It can be easily customized and edited in all versions of MS Word. Download it for free now.
Holiday Itinerary Template
Are you planning for a holiday? If so, then feel free to check out this holiday trip itinerary template to ensure all information relating to the trip are well-organized and taken care. All you have to do is just fill in the necessary information and get it printed.
Blank Travel Itinerary Template
Travelling can be fun and enjoyable if all things relating to the trip are properly organized and scheduled. To make sure things are in order, simply download and use this free blank travel to note down essentials details of your trip such as your personal information, time of departure, lodging, etc.
Road Trip Itinerary Template
Vacation Itinerary Template
Free Travel Itinerary Template
Simple Business Travel Itinerary Template
Free Executive Travel Itinerary
Free Business Trip Itinerary Template
Sample Business Travel Itinerary Template
Elements of an Itinerary
When the time comes where you will have to create an itinerary, make sure that you can include all of the basic elements because, without them, the itinerary will not be able to do what it is supposed to: make sure that everyone stays on track with the planned out schedule.
Here are the basic elements that every good itinerary will need:
1. Title: If you are going to make an itinerary, then you should come up with a title. The reason for it is to simply notify you or anyone else who happens to read it about the purpose of the document. You have to make sure that the title is directly related to that purpose. For example, an itinerary made specifically for simple business travels should have a title like a business travel itinerary or anything similar.
2. Names: People who will be a part of the trip must have their names included in the document. Be sure to include their first names, last names, and middle initials to guarantee that you know exactly who is a part of the plan.
3. Time and Date: An itinerary is a schedule that lets people know where they have to be at what day and time. This means that you are going to have to put in the exact date and time into the document to let people know when they have to be at a certain place.
4. Location Details: If you want to make sure that the people involved in the trip know where they have to go, then provide them the information. Also, put in an accurate description of the area that they are supposed to be in.
5. Amount Paid: People who take part in company trips usually have a set amount that they have to pay. The itinerary should be able to keep track of the actual amount that each individual has paid as that can affect things such as the destinations they are allowed to go to.
Tips for Making an Itinerary
- Know the Plan Ahead: Before you even begin making your travel itinerary, make sure that you already know what should be inside it. By knowing so, you can guarantee that you will be able to come up with a proper, scheduled plan that everyone can get on board with.
- Check for Any Mistakes: Before you finalize your itinerary, you should do a double-check. You want to make sure that you put in everything that you need to and that the document does not have anything that’s missing. This can help you avoid issues such as not being able to accommodate someone who is originally a part of the plan or missing a flight before the trip. Be sure to do a thorough check to avoid these sorts of problems altogether.
How to Make an Itinerary in Google Doc
Now that you know exactly what an itinerary should consist of, the next thing to do is to learn how you can make one. Ensure that it presents all the information in a way that is easy for anyone to understand.
Following the below steps will help you prepare a good itinerary.
1. Open Google Docs: One of the easiest ways of making an itinerary is via Google Docs as the process is relatively fast and easy. The first thing that you are going to need is a Gmail account. So if you already do not have one, then make one as soon as possible. After that, be sure to do the following;
- Access your Gmail and navigate your way to the “Drive” option and click it.
- You will then be directed to a new tab where you will then click on “New”.
- Select “Google Docs” and decide whether you would like to start from a blank document or rather just use a template.
- Proceed to create your itinerary.
You can even use this method to create documents other than an itinerary as well.
Types of Itinerary
Now that you know what should be in an itinerary and how to make one, the next thing to learn would be the different types that you can make. Take note that each of them is made for different purposes.
Here are a few examples:
Should you wish to make other types of the itinerary, then simply go through our site until you can acquire all of the information you need.
Making an itinerary may not be difficult, but you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. So long as you are able to make the most out of the information presented in this article, then you shouldn’t have to worry about being able to properly create one. Take a look at the itinerary planner for more.
By using the above templates, you can schedule things for any trip with ease without worrying about missing anything out. Apart from being available for free, they are also customizable and editable so all you have to do is just fill in your details. If you want to make a daily itinerary, then you can make the best as you can find them with ease on template.net.
1. Define an Itinerary.
An itinerary is a layout of a journey that includes the route, and the places that you will visit. It is an easy way to keep everything in one place. It has important emails, phone numbers, etc. This way, when you arrive at your destination, you already have your plan for the trip ready.
2. What is the purpose of an Itinerary?
An itinerary is an important plan you need when you travel. It is a package of actions that are described by an agency or oneself, so as to encourage safe, healthy, sustainable options of travel. It can also be a checklist for your travel requirements so that you don’t forget to take all the essentials needed.
3. What should an Itinerary include?
The following details should be included in an itinerary:
- Passenger’s full names
- Travel date and time with transportation means
- The start and end(destination) names
- The amount you have paid for the tickets
- Any receipts or confirmations received
- Information about the meeting, events, and contacts
- Frequent traveler program number, etc.
4. How do you make sure that everyone has a copy of the itinerary?
The easiest way of ensuring that everyone has a copy of their itinerary is to tell them to download it on their phones. Due to technological advancements, people can easily access their itineraries. Just make sure to mention where they can get a copy or you can provide it to them yourself.
5. Why is it important to have an Itinerary?
An itinerary is important because:
- It helps maximize your time and manages it perfectly
- You can manage your expenditures and estimate your cost
- Easier and quicker travel from one point to another
- It helps in prioritizing your wants and needs
- It makes sure that trip essentials are not forgotten.