Companies not only issue orders for purchases from their suppliers. They also need to avail of certain services only specific service providers can render. Similar to making a purchase order for a supplier, a company needs to issue a service order.
There are different outlines of a service order made by different business industries. You can create your own service order format or you can follow a template similar to the event order template sample of this website. You can look into the following service order templates which are downloadable in Word and in PDF formats for you to use.You may also see Order Templates.
Service Order Template
Real Estate Service
Cleaning Service Order Template
Service Request Order
Internet Service Template
What Is a Service Order?
A service order is a written demand from the owner of the item to the service provider to perform a particular generic service on an item. Generic tasks like installation, repair and maintenance, inspection and cleaning are some of the reasons for the issuance of a service order. Any service order or work order templates
Elements of a Service Order
As you may have noticed on the order templates of this website, here are the key elements you see on the service order form, as follows:
- Service Order Description – Similar to the outline presented on the purchase order templates, a listing of the needed materials and labor should be seen on the service order together with work recommendations.
- Service Order Quotation – This pertains to the fixed rate of the service and the relevant expenses that the issuing business is willing to pay.
- Payment Terms of the Service Order – The mode of payment chosen by the business issuing the service order is indicated on the written order form.
- Contact Information of Both Parties – Just like the other order templates provided on this website, a service order contains contact details of both the business in need of the service and the service provider.
- Other Essential Terms and Conditions – Additional terms of the service order may include warranty and the tax to be included in the payment which is also evident on a sample event order template.
Change Order for Service
Work Order Template
Steps to Creating a Service Order Form
The following are the steps you can follow if you want to create a service order form using an Excel template solely for your business:
- Download a blank Excel service order template. There are various order templates you can choose from like the repair order templates. You can do the same with a excel service order.
- Run template on Excel spreadsheet program. Open the format of the service order template using the Excel application on your computer.
- Insert row for the start date and end date. Make a space at the top of the service order outline for the start date and the date of completion for record purposes.
- Create an additional information section. Additional information would become the space for your notes and other information of the service order not included in the outline of the order template.
- Edit the order template to your needs. There are instance where a service needs to be monitored like how an order tracking template is used for. You can include these sections on the service order form you are creating to cater to your company’s information needs.
Service orders are important records of both the issuing and the receiving entity. It is essential to put the required information of the service order. Try looking into these service order templates available in Word and in PDF formats.