A buyer, who has the intention of purchasing a number of goods or a particular service, must be able to procure an instrument that says a clear and an explicit statement of the intention to purchase. This can be done with the use of a purchase order similar to how an event order template is procured.
For small business, you might not know of the outline and the format that would provide the information you want to communicate to the seller. The following purchase templates presents various purchase order sample formats you can download and edit your business use.
Blank Purchase Order Templates
Blank Purchase Order for Vehicle
Printable Purchase Order
Business Purchase Order Template
Business Purchase Order
What Is a Purchase Order?
A purchase order is a business document issued by the buyer to the seller as their first offer after much deliberation by the buying company brought about by the responses of various sellers to the request for quotation.
This commercial document serves as the confirmation of the buyer to get into a contract with the seller being issued with the order with. Examples are presented on the simple purchase order templates provided on this website.
Vital Information in a Purchase Order?
Purchase orders from various business industries follow similar purchase order format with the inclusion of the following pertinent information on the order:
- Relevant Dates and Numbers – This information is seen at the top of the purchase order including the purchase order number and issuance date of the order.
- Involved Parties’ Information – Information on both the seller and the buyer most importantly the shipping address that the buyer chooses form part of the key points in a purchase order.
- Payment Terms and Conditions – This section specifies the payment terms to be agreed upon by the buyer and the seller. The seller’s acceptance of the purchase order is evident on an acknowledgement document as shown on the sample order confirmation templates on this website.
- Item Descriptions – Details on what item the buyer is going to purchase along with the item specifications stated by the buyer which will be reflected on the seller’s books as a sales order with the format shown on the sample sales order template.
Company Purchase Order Template
Company Order Sample
Construction Purchase Order Templates
Subcontractor Construction Purchase Order
Construction Solicitation/Purchase Order
Kinds of Purchase Order Templates
There are different purchase order templates you can find on this website that are easily formatted and are downloadable. The following are some of these purchase order templates which are enumerated for you to have less difficulty in browsing through:
- Business Purchase Order Template – Materials needed for production for manufacturing industries or retail products for merchandising businesses form part of the information to be incorporated on this type purchase order template. Order tracking templates of this website provide the necessary measures in monitoring the delivery of the involved items.
- Construction Purchase Order Template – Purchases and solicitations related to construction projects are issued with this type of purchase order template together with related work order templates for the workers involved in the construction.
- Jewelry Purchase Order Template – Purchasing jewelry from a jeweler or a pawnshop entails the buyer to secure this type of purchase template in order to have formality on the purchase.
- Local Purchase Order Template – Local purchases of buyers from local suppliers are processed starting with the issuance of this type of purchase order template. Export purchases of the company have different requirements outside the scope of this template.
- Car Purchase Order Template – Buying a vehicle from a car dealer needs the procurement of this purchase order template. Car accessories are also dealt with in the same way between the car dealer and the buyer.
- School Purchase Order Template – School supplies and equipment to be used by the academic institution is bought with the procurement of this type of purchase order template first before the delivery of the items.
Formal Purchase Order
Purchase Order by Vendor
Local Purchase Order Templates
Sample Local Purchase Order
Draft Local Purchase Order
Request for Local Purchase Order
How to Write Purchase Order for Small Businesses
Various processing software programs are used in order to create a purchase order. For small businesses, you have two options on how to issue your purchasing orders:
- Electronic – Purchase orders are issued digitally which means that the purchase order is given to the seller by paperless means. Email order templates provided on this website form part of this option.
- Non-Electronic – Issuance of the purchase order under this option is issued manually which needs the procurement of the actual document and mailing it to the chosen seller. Delivery order templates and repair order templates are purchase orders being issued manually.
If you choose the manual way, here are the steps you can follow when creating for a non-electronic purchase order you can use for your small business operations:
- Purchase Order Template – Since your business is still growing, it is preferable for you to select an appropriate and an editable purchase order template for your business so it will be less of a hassle to create the order outline.
- Template Formatting – Format the template after opening it on the related processing program of the template file type. Adjust the page layout and set grid lines on the order format for easy editing.
- Customization of Template – Input your company name, your logo, and the contact information of your business as well as the seller’s information. Change the order number and the order date of the template.
- Article Descriptions – Input the items and calculate the total costs of these items on the order. State the delivery and payment terms for that particular order.
Car Purchase Order
Car/Vehicle Purchase Order
Car Rental Order Form Template
School Purchase Order Templates
Request for High School Purchase Order
High School Purchase Order
Purposes of Sending Purchase Orders
The following are the purposes of securing purchase orders to be issued to the seller:
- Accurate Record of Business Operations – Purchase orders give accuracy to your financial and management reports since purchase orders are kept as records of the purchases you bought from the supplier within a given period.
- Efficiency and Control of Transactions – The items written on the purchase order is accounted for upon the arrival of the goods using the purchase order as guide. Any overage or shortage of the quantity of the goods from the delivery will be corrected easily. Change order templates may be used for goods that does not pass the quality control of the business.
- Avoidance of Internal Fraud – Since a purchase order provides concrete evidence on the cost of the items to be delivered, there is no chance that an employee can take a higher amount to pay for the purchase of these goods. Event order templates involving several usage of materials will be monitored easily avoiding overlooking of costs related to these materials.
Having a purchase order when you buy goods for your business helps greatly in the reporting of the company. These purchase order templates will provide the necessary outline and format in securing a purchase order for your small business.