A company policy is the set of guidelines being curated, documented and implemented to assure the proper application of the company rules and regulations about particular items that concern specific business operations and processes. It is very important for employees to be aware of the different company policies as they will be subjected to follow these within the duration of their stay in the business.
We can give you samples of company policy templates should you be needing information about the items that can be found it this kind of document. If you think that the templates that we will provide in this article are still not enough to supply the needed knowledge that you want to have regarding this particular item, then you may browse our other samples of Company Policy templates.
Company Policy Template
Sample Company Policy Template
Simple Company Policy Template
Company Credit Policy Template
Company Vehicle Policy Template
Company Travel Policy Template
Construction Company Policy Template
Company Safety Policy Template
Company Accounting Policy Template
Company Phone Policy Template
Company Leave Policy Template
Company Payroll Policy Template
Employees should follow the company policy to lessen the risk of termination. In relation to that, a CareerBuilder survey revealed that employee tardiness was one of the reasons why 41% of employers fired their employees.
Meanwhile, 24% of companies terminated some workers for making use of the Internet in doing things that are non-work related.
Moreover, a separate study from the Society for Human Resource Management showed that 33% of the managers have been disciplining an employee for social media policy violations.
Company Travel Policy
A company travel policy is a set of guidelines that are needed to be followed by an employee when he or she is traveling for the purpose that will benefit the company or the business. It is the list of the procedural agreement that he or she needs to be aware of and other items that are involved in the particular travel that he or she is to do.
A regular company travel policy includes all the guidelines and terms for the following items:
- The travel authorization or the person who is in charge to approve all the items that are included in the travel request of an employee, which should be aligned to the existing company travel policy
- The vendors who will be used for a specific company travel
- The travel arrangements which consists of service reservations, basic transportation, travel needs, accommodation, car rental, and other transportation to be used in the designated location
- Agreements on the existence of travel insurance and other travel agreement documents
- The budget than can be allowed to be allocated for a specific travel
Company Safety Policy
A company safety policy includes the following information:
- The schedules of workplace location monitoring for safety and emergency purposes
- The people who are tasked to disseminate information about safety guidelines
- The things that the employees need to be aware of regarding safety
- The requirement of the company for selected members of the business to undergo safety training
- The guidelines in the application of the emergency responses and procedures of the company
Aside from our samples of company policy templates, you may also be interested to download and use our Word Policy Template samples and templates of Human Resource Policies.
Inclusions of a Company Policy
A basic company policy includes the following information:
- The details of the particular company policy or the reason why the policy has been made
- The importance of the compliance to the company policy
- The purpose of the policy and why it should be applied to the specific business operation step or area
- The scope that is covered by the company policy
- The needed level of compliance that the employees are expected to provide and exhibit
- The answered to frequently asked questions regarding the policy