Resumes are used by individuals to list down their skills, qualifications and competencies which will then be reviewed by the screening committee of an organization or a business. There are different kinds of Resume Formats that may be used depending on specific variables that are involved in the entire application processes.
We have compiled a number of general resume templates in this post that are either in the Word document format or PDF. Feel free to browse through our curation and select the appropriate general resume to use for the application sample that you are currently involved in.
Contractor Resume Template
Administration Manager Resume Template
Professional Dentist Resume Template
General High School Resume Template
General Receptionist Resume Template
1. Type of Resumes
There are three basic types of resumes that are used in various application processes. These resume types are as follows:
- A chronological resume is a Basic Resume Template where the professional experiences of an applicant is given focus. It lists down the work positions and functions of an individual in a chronological manner depending on the companies where he/she has already worked for with the most current among them on the top of the list.
- Functional resumes are resumes that are used by applicants who lack professional work experiences but are equipped with the technical skills and abilities needed for the job. These resumes provide the mentioned qualities first before going to the professional work experiences of the candidate.
- Combination resumes are the resumes that use both the qualities of a chronological and functional resume. It balances out the highlight of the work experiences and the qualifications of the individual applying for work.
- In addition to these three resume types, there is also a rampant usage of a Targeted Resume. This resume is one of those Professional Resume Templates that are specifically formulated to fit the requirements and qualifications needed for a specific job position.
Other than our samples of general resume templates, our samples of MAC Resume Templates and other Resume Format Samples are also available for download.
Entry-Level Pharmacy Technician Resume Template
Factory Worker Resume Template
Electrical Engineering Resume Template
General Healthcare Assistant Resume Template
General Functional Resume Template
General Resume Sample
2. Guidelines for Creating a General Resume
A few suggestions that you may follow in creating a general resume include the following:
- Start off with an attention-grabbing resume objective. Resume Objectives are very important to be well-curated as it is on the topmost part of the document and will dictate the mood of the entire resume assessment.
- Use a specific template as a reference in creating the content and format of your general resume. This will help you to create a more polished and professional looking resume.
- Make sure that the resume type that you will use will give importance to your strengths and qualifications.
- Assure that all the information that you will put on your resume is helpful in your application process.
- Always be precise and direct to the point for the hiring personnel to have an easier time in assessing your competencies and what you can provide to the company.
Aside from our general resume templates and samples, you may also be interested to browse through and download our curated samples of Executive Resume Templates in the provided link.