Agents and agencies are using various forms of agreements in order to form business relationships with other businesses or individuals. Some of the agreements they utilize are the Non Compete Agreement Templates and common Agreement Templates that can be used in public contract competitions and can offer legal insurances for the agent. You may also see Sample Agreement Templates.
An agent agreement contains all the needed information that legally binds the relationship between an agent and a client. These documents record the agreement of the client to have the agent act on their behalf. This is applicable when the client wants to form an agreement with a lawyer, an accountant or any other type of vendor or agency. Like in Artist Agreement Templates for example it is necessary for the agent to obtain all the necessary information regarding the client in order to be able to act on their behalf in any type of situation.
Any type of agreement needs to be recorded in writing. This is a necessity because of the nature of the relationship that forms between the agency and the client. Legal relationships require a written agreement between the client and the vendor in order for the latter one to legally act on behalf of the first. These written agency agreements also provide legal insurance to both parties involved in the case of dispute between the two. In our article as well as the rest of our site you can find various pre made and fully customizable agreement documents like Referral Agreement Templates.
Having someone to legally represent you is a great way of dealing with legal matters. However taking note of the following 5 things you need to know will help you get through with an agency agreement without complications.
1. Payment procedures: You did all the hard work, you put in long hours for it and you want to be compensated for your effort. For this reason you should make sure that the agency agreement includes a specific clause that ensures your payment at a certain time frame after the agency receives the receipt. You may also see blank rental agreements.
2. Avoid providing power of attorney: You should be the only one responsible for signing agreements with vendors. That means your agent needs to run everything by you first and then only you should decide whether to sign any agreements or not. However in case you give them power of attorney you should make sure to include the relative clauses that will define the conditions under which this can be applicable.
3. Commissions: Since an agent provides you with their services it is only logical to earn their share by commissions on the assigned scope of work. So make sure that in the agreement there is a specific clause that defines the commissions they will receive. This also applies to Collaboration Agreements.
4. Termination procedures: As in all Work Agreements it is necessary to take note that termination clauses are included. This can help both parties to resolve the process of termination by defining the terms and conditions, ensuring that no party will be allowed to terminate the agreement on short notice.
5. The agency’s obligations: This is the most important thing to take note in an agent agreement because it will define the obligations of the agent as well as the terms and conditions under which these obligations can be fulfilled. You may also see framework agreement templates.