A storyboard is a graphic organizer which takes a form of an illustration or image that is displayed in series. The purpose of this is for pre-visualizing a motion picture, animation, motion graphic, or interactive media sequence. It is a process of how a video will unfold, in a shot per shot manner. It is also made up of a number of squares with pictures representing each shot and containing notes regarding what is going on in the scene.
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
Storyboards are mostly used by graphic or visual artists, or those people in the cinematography or animation setting. If you are looking for a reference regarding what a storyboard looks like, we offer a wide variety of storyboard templates. You can make use of these as references, or download them for direct use. See below for more image examples.
Audio Video Storyboard Template
Free Sample Storyboard Template
Free Simple Storyboard Template
Free Film Storyboard Template
Free Multimedia Storyboard Template
Free Movie Storyboard Template
Music Video Storyboard
Sample Video Storyboard
Video Editing Storyboard
Video Storyboard – “How to Make” Steps
When you create a storyboard via video, you’re outlining a plan for production. It is really easy to just get your video camera and start recording, however, without a proper outline, you’ll just put your money, time, and even energy to waste. Here are simple steps on how to make your storyboard for video.
- First is, you need to create a storyboard template. Draw a sequence of rectangles on a piece of paper, it is like you’re making a comic. Ensure that you leave space for notes of the script and this is for each rectangle.
- Time to add the script. Write the line of script under each rectangle and this should correspond to that certain scene.
- Draw the story. Regardless if you’re an artist or not, it doesn’t matter. You can just draw a stick figures and add an arrow to indicate movement. This is true even for the most simple storyboarding template out there.
- Include notes. You need to add a note for each scene. This will include a detail of what’s happening. Always remember to add audio like music or sound effects.
These are some simple steps you need to follow if you’re making a storyboard using a video.
Advertisement Storyboard Template
Advertisement Storyboard Sample
TV Commercial Storyboard
Bullying Commercial Storyboard
Free Commercial Storyboard
Examples of Our Storyboard Templates
These are some of the storyboard examples that can be downloaded on this page. Select the ones you think matches what you need.
- Video Storyboard Sample – this template is ideal if you are planning to make your storyboard via a video. This contains an organized sequence which is necessary for a video story boarding. Mostly used when making an animation or other related elements.
- Commercial Storyboard Sample – If you are making a storyboard that is intended for communication that can entice the targeted audiences’ attention, and can sparkle the interest of certain clients or consumers, then commercial storyboard templates are precisely what you need.
- Event Storyboard Sample – This template is what you need if the storyboard you are making is more of a design tool to plot out the flow of activities in events. This sample template contains all relevant details that are required for an event storyboard. This can also assist when it comes to mapping the audiences’ needs.
- Proposal Storyboard Sample – When it comes to keeping the focus of certain prospects and needs instead of focusing your organization and the services or products, a proposal storyboard is what you need. And to suffice that, this template is the best fit.
- Project Storyboard Sample – If you are making a storyboard that highlights the techniques for visual planning and supervising projects, this is the right template to use. Cinematographers as well as visual artists are the ones who mainly use this.
- Advertisement Storyboard Sample – This is the perfect template when it comes to planning and presenting ideas for television commercials. Advertising agencies are the ones who use this technique. So if you’re also looking for this, you might want to download the template.
Chain of Event Storyboard
Free Event Storyboard
Challenge Proposal Storyboard
Steps in Making a Storyboard
If you prefer in making your own storyboard, you can follow these steps.
- You need to determine a timeline. Creating parameters for when and were your story takes place is essential in order to have a well-planned storyboard.
- Determine the major scenes in your story. The storyboard’s major purpose is to give a viewer the gist of the flow of events. List the key moments that you want to present. For film-making specifically, a movie storyboard template is ideal.
- Think about what medium you will use for your template. You can sketch a basic storyboard template by hand. Just remember that the setup should appear similar to a comic strip.
- Draw your thumbnails. You can begin by bringing the scenes to action. This will be achieved by drawing the sketches you mapped out into the template.
- You may include essential information. Add a dialogue that will take place. You also need to add information about the duration of the shot. Number the cells so that it will be easy to refer to when you discuss.
- Complete the storyboard. After you are done determining the major points, review your work and create final alterations. Also, it is a good idea to have someone else review the storyboard. This ensures the flow and so it doesn’t become confusing.
Sample Project Storyboard
Storyboard for Decade Project
Tips for an Effective Storyboard
One of the most important things to remember when making a storyboard is to make it effective towards the viewers. here’s how:
- You need to define the goal statement in a clear manner. State what were you trying to achieve and what intended results you expect. The aim of business storyboard templates, for example, is totally different from that of a movie storyboard template. Determining this before anything else will help keep confusion at bay.
- Always create a description of the context. Determine the kind of unit, department, and which staff members will be involved. You also need to state where the work was finished.
- Provide a description of the issue. Explain the specific issues that were address and how it was determined.
- Know the measurement of improvement. Describe the methods used and the results for the storyboard.
- Create a summary of the lessons learned and certain messages that enticed the audience. Explain the main message and why you’re making such a storyboard. What concepts or lessons learned could be usable?
Now, regarding storyboard making, it will be more convenient and can help you conserve time if you just download these storyboard templates. These are ready-made and you can also alter them if there is a need to.