Film enthusiasts may find storyboards as an interesting tool to work on. For some, they consider storyboard making as a stressful and time consuming endeavor. That should not be the case. Storyboards play a key role in the field of animations, films, and video production.
To simply put it, storyboard templates complete the link between written words and the final cut. It is a creative representation of the ideas of the director, which is conveyed to the crew behind a video production. In line with this, we have a variety of storyboard templates that you may download and use. You will surely enjoy going through our samples
Blank Storyboard Templates
Blank Film Storyboard
Blank Stop Motion Animation Storyboard
Blank Storyboard Movie
Blank Storyboard Template
What Comprises a Storyboard?
Generally, a storyboard logically depicts a visual picture. Here are some of its key features.
- Story Write-Up – This is a fundamental element of a storyboard. Without a creative story, your storyboard is a waste of time and effort. The story provides the meat and substance of your storyboard. Like what is reflected in a business storyboard templates, advertisers create a logical sequence of events that aim to capture the hearts of their targeted market.
- Characters and Objects of the Story – All stories need characters. In a digital storyboard template, illustrators and artists are not really concerned on how the characters are illustrated. This is because storyboards are not focused on the physical characteristics of the characters but on their movements and actions.
- Time Frame – In making a storyboard, you may also include time frames to guide your transitions and character movements. It will also help you keep up to the standard time agreed upon by the producers of the video or film.
- Camera Dynamics – Camera details play a key role in creating storyboards. The storyboards serve as a guide on how the camera will be positioned and when to change its focus.
TV Commercial Storyboard
Commercial Storyboard Example
Common Types of Storyboard Templates
Storyboard templates apply to a variety of platforms. Our templates can help you learn the fundamentals of such.
- Commercial Storyboard Templates – In making commercials, these templates can help you structure the story behind a commercial and thereafter preset them in a manner that will uphold the brand of the product you’re advertising. To add, we’ve provided you with sample commercial settings.
- Film Storyboard Templates – In terms of film production, these templates can show you how a certain film is dissected and broken down into smaller aspects. We have templates for documentary films which provide a detailed platform on how every scene should be animated and projected.
- Project Storyboard Template – As an example, you can learn from the animatic storyboard project template. Within the said template, the dynamics of a storyboard is explained as well as how it is applied in accomplishing an animation project.
- Website Storyboard Template – For web developers specifically, storyboard templates help them in designing and building a website. By using it, you can plan the dynamics and animations needed to make your website more engaging, professional, and functional.
Why You Need to Use a Storyboard?
- Storyboards make your life convenient and easy especially when you’re having a hard time conceptualizing and organizing your ideas for a film, commercial, or any animation production.
- It allows you to hasten your video production. It provides a skeletal framework for your video that incorporates your vision and style.
- Moreover, storyboards allow you to manage your time accordingly.
- The plan will also lay out the project development process. It is a way of putting your ideas to work by turning them into something visual and documented.
- And lastly, they can help you notice gaps in your work and make it easier for you to make timely revisions.
Storyboard for Animated Film
Storyboard for Documentary Film
Storyboard for Professional Film
Blank Professional Storyboard
How to Create Effective Storyboards?
For storyboards to appropriately serve their purpose, you must use them accordingly. There are techniques and strategies that you may in making effective and creative storyboards. Here are some of them.
- Consider the preferences of your target audience.
- Bear in mind that storyboarding forms part of your planning process in the course of making a video. You must conduct market research and other surveys to know the current mood and trends either in the domestic or international realm.
- This is very much useful in building your own website storyboard templates. Because of the changes brought about by the advancement in science and technology, you have to know the current trends in the area of website designs and video production.
- Examine and sort out the parts of your story.
- You have to know which part of your story works best in a video and which parts are ideal as still photos. Use graphical designs and illustrations accordingly. PowerPoint storyboard template designs can help you in presenting your storyboard to the team and in breaking down its relevant parts.
- Create a better whole from the sorted parts.
- After dissecting your story and sorting them out, you have to assemble all the relevant pieces together to create a holistic and comprehensive storyboard. By doing this, you can create coherence and harmony in your designs.
Video Storyboard for Project
Video Script Storyboard
The Basics of Story boarding
Creating a story board may sound technical and difficult. However, you’re not really required to create a perfect storyboard. Treat your storyboard as a canvass for you to express your ideas and artistic inclinations. Here are basic points you need to execute in writing a storyboard.
- Establish the parameters of your story. Stories must provide a certain sequence or chronological flow of events and circumstances. In here, you can come up with a list of events in your story so that you’ll know where and how to begin and end your masterpiece.
- Choose a reliable and high quality template. To make your life easier, you can use templates to hasten your work rather than manually creating your canvass. Templates allow you to make necessary edits and modifications to suit your preferences. In a kids storyboard template, for example, you will observe that the design of the storyboard were inspired by most children’s interests and preferences.
- Sketch your ideas. After printing the template, you can now start bringing the events of the story into life. You have to indicate your actors, the props, and other necessary resources that are needed to give justice to the vision you’re trying to portray.