Vouchers are commonly given as a small pieces of papers or receipts used for exchanging goods and services. They have a monetary value, in other words, are redeemable. Holders can also be entitled to a discount. They are usually used in accounting, but most give vouchers away as gifts or prizes. By having one, it proves that you are eligible to to purchase a certain product or service.
So if you are looking for receipt voucher templates, we have a list you can browse through below. For voucher templates, which are free of charge, you can check out our Free Voucher Template samples here on or website.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Receipt Voucher Format Template
Cash Receipt Voucher Template
Cheque Receipt Voucher Template
Salary Receipt Voucher Template
What Is a Receipt Voucher?
Business payments and receipts are the basis in any accounting activity. Receipt vouchers are prepared for all the money the business firm has received. They are an internal business supporting document which is made for the time cash or checks are received by the business. They include supporting documents such as customer invoices. Receipt vouchers are usually given to the person the money was received from. Money is usually received in the following forms:
- Pay orders/demand drafts.
- Direct transfer in bank account of the firm.
- Third-party payments that are made on behalf of the company will be treated as receipt from the person who has paid the money.
The Different Types of Receipt Vouchers
With small businesses, only one type of receipt voucher is acceptable. With large business firms , however, there are two types of receipt vouchers that are prepared:
- Cash Receipt Voucher. For all money which was received in cash.
- Bank Receipt Voucher. For all the money which was received in the form of checks, demand drafts, pay orders, or directly received by the bank from any third party on behalf of the company. For third person on behalf of business firms, journal vouchers are to be prepared rather than receipt vouchers since no money was received physically.
For Cash Voucher Templates, you can check out some samples on our website.
Bank Receipt Voucher Template
Travel Receipt Voucher Template
Rent Receipt Voucher Template
Important Details in Making Receipt Vouchers
- This must be included on the voucher.
- The receipt voucher must be numbered. They are numbered from the beginning of the financial year until the end of the financial year.
- The amount should be written in both figures and words.
- The receiver must sign the voucher.
- The voucher must be signed by an authorized person to instruct the receiver when receiving the money.
- The company must attach a copy of receipt or other source document on the voucher.
During transactions, the receipt voucher becomes the main source for recording the receipt transactions like receipt register, general ledger, etc. They should be properly maintained for the purpose of auditing as well.
Source Document for Receipt Vouchers
These are the source documents used in making receipt vouchers:
- Cash memos issued by the business firm for cash sales.
- Bank advice.
- Bank deposit slips/bank pay in slips for deposits of checks, drafts, and pay orders.
- Copy of supporting letters for other receipts.
For more voucher-related templates, you check find our list of Cash Voucher Templates here on Template.net.