A Gantt chart is a type chart formulated by Henry Gantt in 1910s. It may have been regarded as a typical charting technique, but it was once considered as revolutionary during the time it was first introduced. The Grantt chart emphasizes a project schedule. It illustrates the start and finish dates of terminal elements and summary elements of a project as both elements compromise the work breakdown structure of the project. It can also be used in information technology to represent data that has been collected. Modern Gantt charts shows dependency relationship between activities.
Want to create your own Gantt chart? then these 7+ Gantt chart templates in Excel format will provide you organized and functional Gantt chart sample templates. They can be downloaded and easier to edit and use.
582+ Chart Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | PSD | Google Docs | PowerPoint | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Publisher | Apple Numbers | Illustrator -START DOWNLOADING
Monthly Gantt Chart Excel Template
Free Gantt Chart Excel Template
Construction Gantt Chart Excel Template
What Is the Purpose of the Gantt Chart?
The Gantt chart can be used in different settings, depending on the project’s processes. It can be used for scheduling production processes, employee roster, and to keep track of the shifts or tasks and other nonwork time limit.
What are the Advantages of using a Gantt Chart?
There may be a couple of reasons as to why Gantt chart is effective, however here are a few samples as to why this chart is advantageous in your project management:
- Less confusion and easier to track down the project’s completion. It is easier to keep track of the project’s progress and determine the project’s timeline completion with great accuracy. Its text information and graphical contents (such as graphs or charts) make the chart more easier to understand and simplify.
- It keeps everyone on the same page. The chart allows everyone to receive and understand the same information and have the same expectations and carry out the necessary protocol.
- Realization of task relationships. It sets a clear understanding that a various tasks are interrelated; like a domino, when a task could not catch up with the movement, then other tasks will be left out stranded and wait until the former gets done.
- Allocate some resources. It is important that you keep track of your project’s resources and use it wisely and also save such resources for the next project.
- Getting ahead for the future. The chart helps decision making for easier and to give a new perspective within the project’s all around progress and looking further in working toward the achievement of the organization’s long term objectives.
For more related articles, you can check out this Excel chart templates.
Blank Gantt Chart Excel Template
Event Gantt Chart Excel Template
Gantt Chart Calendar Excel Template
Timeline Gantt Chart Excel Template
How to Use These Gantt Chart Sample Templates Effectively?
Gantt Charts are known to be a bit difficult to use as it usually lack of drawing tools, but if they do, these Gantt chart templates that we have provided are easier to navigate and use as the files are predesigned and saved in a raw excel format.
Want More Functional Design Sample templates?
Check out Template.net for more designs and inspiration for your next creative projects and paperwork. Our website includes different types of graphic templates, web design templates and written layout forms and letters.