An itinerary is a document created to plan a trip, a vacation, a route or a program. There are different kinds of itineraries that vary on the purpose where they will be used. More so, itineraries may also depend on who will use them which are mostly businesses, individuals or organizations. Creating an itinerary can help any entity to ensure that they have an organized plan to follow especially in terms of activity planning and/or budgeting.
You can browse through our downloadable samples of itinerary templates if you want to create an itinerary that will allow you to be more particular with the things that you will do for a particular activity within a give time duration.
Wedding Day Itinerary Template
International Travel Itinerary
Wedding Event Itinerary
How to Customize a Spreadsheet for Planning and Referencing an Itinerary
There are many ways to go about making an itinerary if you need to print or distribute one in bulk. You can choose to create an itinerary template in Word or even an itinerary template in PDF.
However, whether it is an event itinerary or a vacation itinerary that you will create, you can also generate one using an Excel spreadsheet. This can make it easier for you to create and polish the document that you need. The steps that you may follow in customizing a spreadsheet for you to create an itinerary are all listed below.
- On a draft, list down the specific activities that you would like to do during a trip / event. Determine if it’s a camping activity or a cruise ship expedition as this can help you decide whether you need a camping itinerary or a cruise itinerary.
- Specify the entire duration of the trip/event so you can properly allocate the time for the activities that you want to do.
- Open a blank excel document.
- Place the time of the activities that you will discuss within the itinerary either in the rows or columns of the spreadsheet depending on the itinerary format that you would like to create.
- Align the travel/event program on the specific time of the day that they are expected to be executed.
- You can add items at the bottom part of the spreadsheet for other information like reminders and plan guides.
Whatever type of itinerary it is that you want to create, make sure to use the software that you are comfortable using and the one that is appropriate to the purpose on why the itinerary has to be made.
Birthday Itinerary Template
Daily Travel Itinerary
Monthly Field Itinerary
Kinds of Itineraries
There are different kinds of itinerary templates that you can use in different planning processes. Some samples of activity itineraries are as follows:
- An activity itinerary is the listing of the things that are needed to be done by an entity. It can be about a special activity that can be executed in a specific time. More so, it may also be a routine that should be applied to the practices of people within an organization.
- A wedding day itinerary is usually created by a wedding organizer and implemented with the approval of the soon-to-be wedded couple. This document is created to assure the organized flow of the activities during the wedding day. It also ensures the organizers that all the requirements for the wedding are already on hand.
- A vacation itinerary is very essential to assure that a group is well guided in terms of the things that they need to follow during a travel date for their vacation. This includes the time that they should meet, their expected times of departure to initial location, and the expected time in which they should already be in their vacation location.
- An international travel itinerary can be created by an individual or a group who will travel in an overseas location. Moreover, it can also be made by a business who will send its employees to an international destination for corporate purposes.
- A flight itinerary is the official document that states all the information for a person’s travel on air. Flight itineraries are made to assure that an individual is well-guided by the flight booking so he/she will not miss his/her flight.
Travel Itinerary Example
Simple Travel Itinerary
Blank Itinerary Template
How to Spice Up Your Presentations With a Customized Itinerary Template
Unlike a meeting itinerary which should have a corporate format, an itinerary template used for vacations and other trips must be casual yet attention grabbing. A travel itinerary can be successful if all the items that should be considered during the travel date and its preparation are given priority and are placed in an organized manner within an itinerary format.
If you are a travel agency who would like to present an itinerary to your clients, here are some ways on how you can spice up your presentations through the help of a customized itinerary template:
- Identify whether you will create a business travel itinerary or a free independent traveler’s itinerary. Knowing the nature of the entity who will use the itinerary can help the document be more appealing.
- Assure that you will put all the activities that the entity can do in the location which is known and popular to many.
- Look for the best deals in accommodations and other activities and place it in the itinerary template.
- You can also place photos and other descriptions that can help the document be as striking as possible.
- Be direct and specific with all the items that you will place in the discussion, especially in terms of scheduling, itinerary inclusions, and payment amounts and terms.
Wedding Ceremony Itinerary
Business Trip Itinerary
Club Travel Itinerary
Monthly Field Itinerary
Professional Itinerary Template
How to Plan a Successful Travel Itinerary
Just like an event itinerary, a travel itinerary must be well-curated. It should have all the content that is needed to be known by the entity who will use it so the document’s usage will be fully maximized. A few ways on how you can plan a successful travel itinerary include the following:
- Make sure that your travel itinerary is comprehensive. It should have all the information about: Transportation fares and modes of transportation
- The expected travel time from and going back to the initial location of the group
- Lodging fees and the kind of accommodation that the group will be subjected into
- Activity and entrance fees
- Budget for food and other activities
- The items that the group should be ready with for the trip
- The allotted time per activity
- Identify the number of people that will travel. It is very important for the itinerary to be applicable to the number of people who will use it especially in terms of the activities that the group will do within the premises of the location where they will go.
- Speaking of activities, look for the activities in the destination that is applicable with the preference of the majority of the group. There are different reasons why groups travel. Hence, the itinerary must be able to contain activities that the entire group will enjoy.
Make sure to take note of these tips for the travel itinerary that you will create to be effective.