In our modern generation today, most things move in a fast pace and also come in the most convenient forms. The advancement in technology has paved the way to more methods of doing things, which is also applicable in job applications. There are employers nowadays who prefer an email cover letter template for easy accessibility and organizing of these files.
Nevertheless, there are still employers who still prefer the Hard Copy Cover Letters since they find it more formal. They can also see the effort made into making one and submitting it personally as opposed to the email version that can simply be sent with a click of a button.
Finance and Accounting
Management Accountant Cover Letter
Lead Accounting Cover Letter
Professional Cover Letter
How to Write an Impressive Entry-Level Accountant Cover Letter
- Aside from the employer’s contact information on the upper portion of your application cover letter, also write your contact information for the convenience of the employer when they need to contact you for an interview.
- When explaining your purpose for writing a cover letter, be specific when it comes to addressing the job and position that you are applying for since the term accounting comprises a wide range of jobs.
- Mention only the relevant skills and qualifications that are needed for the particular position. If you are unsure, always refer to the job description.
- If you have had achievements or accomplishments in your career in the past, include them to give more value into your name.
- Also include any relevant associations that you are a member of to show the employer your commitment to your career.
- Express how you can contribute to the company if ever you will be given a chance to work for them.
- Sign off on the bottom portion of the letter by placing your signature over your name.
For more cover letter examples, you may check out our collection of professional cover letter templates.
What Are the Skills that Should be Included for an Accounting Job?
- Accountants need to be organized since they are tasked in managing a lot of responsibilities. They would need to organize and prioritize their tasks for them to work effectively.
- Accountants will constantly keep in touch with clients, whether through verbal or nonverbal. Which is why they should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accountants should also know how to manage their time to be able to accomplish the things needed in a specific amount of time.
To find out more about the cover letter format, you may also check out our collection of general cover letter templates.
Experienced Cover Letter
Clerk Cover Letter
Dos and Don’ts When Writing an Accounting and Finance Cover Letter
- Do address a cover letter to an individual. Find out the name and position of the hiring manager.
- Do make your cover letter as easy to understand as possible by using simple words and sentences, and enumerating in bullet points.
- Do proofread before submitting your letter.
- Don’t waste the intro by not getting to the point right away.
- Don’t expect a callback if you didn’t include a call to action.
For even more templates to choose from, you may also want to check out our collection of Job Cover Letter Templates and Word Cover Letters.