A character letter is used by entities to verify the information that we have relayed and provided for a specific purpose. Also, it serves as a document where they may get additional information about their clients, staff, or other entities, which are unspecified during an interview or in any other application processes that we have gone through.
There are various functions why a character letter may be needed. If you want to create one, you may browse through our character letters for references. We can also provide you with other sample letter templates, which you may use as a guide in writing letters for other purposes.
Legal Character Letter Template
Character Reference Letter Template
Personal Character Letter
A personal character letter is a document written by someone that may either be professionally or personally related to us. A personal character letter includes the following information:
- The name of ther person writing the personal character letter
- The job position of the person who has written the letter
- The relation of the reference to the individual for whom it is written
- The date that the personal character letter was written
- The subject or purpose on why the personal character letter has to be made
- The needed information needed for the specific purpose of the personal character letter
What Can Be Written in a Character Letter?
The information in a character letter will greatly rely on the usage of the character letter. The items that may be written by someone in a character letter for the person who needs it are as follows:
- The strengths, abilities, competencies, and skills of the person
- Instances that have shown and proven the character and ethics of the person
- The weaknesses of the person and the measures in which the person is undertaking to improve these weaknesses
- The personal characteristic of the person and how these characteristics may be used in the function that the letter is for
Aside from our personal character letter templates, you may also check out more Character Letters of Recommendation samples on our website.
Basic Character Letter Template
Character Witness Letter Template
Character Reference Letter Template for Student
Character Letter of Recommendation Template
References for a Character Letter
If you are required by an entity to provide a character letter, here are a few people that you may tap to write one for you depending on the usage and purpose of the character letter:
- Section adviser, theses adviser, and professors if the character letter will be used for an advanced study or any learning processes.
- Former managers, leads, and coworkers if you are to use your character letter for a professional undertaking.
- Other than the above mentioned entities, you may also ask your friends, relatives, colleagues, and members of the organization where you belong depending on the purpose and degree of use of the character letter.
For more samples of a character letter, you may browse through this collection of Character Reference Letter Templates and download the templates that you need.