Every year, there are thousands of students who graduate from college. The only problem is, there is inadequate number of job vacancies available and companies cannot accommodate all applications. This just make the competition in job hunting even tougher. But don’t worry, how you present your hard copy cover letter can make potential employers notice your application. You may also see student templates.
Since you only have a shot to make a good impression, make sure to know who to address in your cover letter salutation. This will show a potential employer that you’ve taking time to research and get to know them. Take a look at this collection of free cover letter samples to get yourself on the right path!
Student Resume Cover Letter Template
Entry Level Cover Letter
High School Student
Work Experience Student
Benefits of a Good Cover Letter
A application cover letter is a form of document that is attached with a resume during job application. Writing a effective cover letter can effectively help you bring your best foot forward despite a weak resume. How?
- Unlike the resume that only outlines our skills and work experiences, a cover letter can perfectly explain and augment the information in your resume.
- It is your chance to make a first good impression to a potential employer.
- It lets you explain your interest in the position, as well as the company, and why you are the best person for the job.
- It highlights our positive skills and qualifications.
- Through effective communication, it allows your personality to shine.
- You can give the employer a better picture on how your experiences can contribute to the company.
- Your skills can make you stand out from the rest of the applicants.
You may want to browse through our professionally written cover letter templates and cover letter samples apart from the ones we have here.
Types of Cover Letter
There are three different types of cover letter formats that matches perfectly with your reasons and purpose.
- Application letter – The main purpose for writing this type of sample cover letter is to respond to a job opening posted by an employer. It should follow the standard business letter format and should include appropriate salutation and closing. If done right, you can market yourself as the best applicant for the position offered.
- Prospecting letter – Use this if you want to inquire from a company if they are opening new positions that you may be qualified to apply. It shows an potential company that you are interest in the company. Also include your skills in the type of position you are looking to apply.
- Networking letter – Also known as referral letter. Oftentimes, it is not the applicant who will be writing this letter but the person who is referring him/her to the company.
Of course, the best recourse is to download job cover letter templates so you could be guided with the correct formatting.
Email Cover Letter
Internship Cover Letter
Common Cover Letter Mistakes to Avoid
Since this will be your first time to write a resume cover letter, make sure to avoid these common mistakes:
- Grammar and spelling errors
- Lack of attention to details
- Writing irrelevant information
- Unsupported claims
- Using the wrong format
- Lengthy cover letters
- Using cliche language
- Being too cocky with your skills
To avoid these costly mistakes, we recommend you to check our cover letter examples or download teaching cover letters if you’re a first-time teacher applicant.