A first job cover letter is used by applicants who would like to apply for a job position without having prior professional work experiences. Cover letter format for the first job is commonly used by new graduates as they are the individuals who are already equipped to look for a job but lack the experiences in actual work environments and processes.
We have curated a number of cover letter templates for first job and samples which are helpful in creating your very first cover letter document. Other than that, we can also provide you with samples of Hard Copy Cover Letter and Cover Letter Salutation templates for additional references.
No Experience Cover Letter
High School Student First Job Cover Letter
Internship Cover Letter
Cleaning Job Cover
What Should be Included in a First Job Cover Letter?
It is essential for a first job cover letter to be well-written as it can support the information in your resume. Include the following details:
- An elaborate discussion of the skills and other qualifications presented in your resume.
- Real life instances in which your abilities and competencies were applied.
- The technical knowledge of the individual about the processes involved in the daily operations of the business.
Create an Effective First Job Cover Letter
The suggested steps in creating an effective first job cover letter are as follows:
- Assess your qualifications and interests and look for jobs that match.
- Look for Sample Cover Letter templates that you can use as reference.
- From the selection of our Free Cover Letter Templates, identify the format and content guide you would like to follow.
- List down all the items that you want to showcase in your cover letter.
- Review the cover letter content and look for missing information, grammatical errors and format inconsistencies
- Decide whether you will hand over your first job cover letter manually or through e-mail (we also have Email Cover Letter Templates available).
Other than our first job cover letter templates, our samples of Professional Cover Letter Templates are also available for download.
Fresher Cover Letter for Nurse
Part Time Job
Email Cover Letter
10 Essential Tips in Creating a First Job Cover Letter
We have listed 10 tips that you may follow in creating a comprehensive cover letter for first job. Impress the hiring body with the following tips:
- Capitalize on the qualifications that you have: your skills, talents and abilities.
- Properly format your application cover letter for the first job.
- Make sure that your educational attainment and achievements are highlighted.
- You can list your co-curricular as well as extra-curricular activities for additional credentials.
- Do not copy the items in your resume. However, you can further explain them.
- Discuss your qualifications in a professional manner.
- Share what you know about the company where you are applying.
- Identify the additional value that you can provide the company if you are given the chance to work for them.
- Organize your thoughts. Map out ideas before writing the actual letter.
- Create a strong ending statement which can convince your prospective employer to hire you.
Aside from our samples of first job cover letter templates, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of Latex Cover Letter Templates and Simple Cover Letter Templates in the respective links provided.